Tuesday 14 May 2013

Koren Zander Pro Ultra Brush Soap

A few weeks ago I was asked if I'd like to review a makeup brush soap, being super intrigued I said 'hell yes' and a few days later I had the lovely lavender parcel in my paws.  Here's what I thought :)

About the brand - Koren Zander is actually a YouTube beauty guru (EnKore Makeup), he's a professional makeup artist with over 25 years experience.  He's released several different products from makeup brushes, to brush rolls, accessories and lip products and now branching out into makeup brush soap.




They say "The Koren Zander Pro Ultra Deep Conditioning Brush Soap is rich in luxurious, deep moisturising and conditioning oils including Argan Oil and Maracuja (Brazilian Passionfruit) Seed Oil. Tea Tree Oil & Rosemary offer antiseptic and antibacterial protection. Presented in a flip top container, this soap is ideal for busy makeup artists on the move. 

Foaming, moisturising, and formulated with 5 different conditioners, this makeup brush cleaning soap will render any makeup brush super clean, and super soft. Use on both Natural and Synthetic fibers."





My Thoughts

I'm going to start off with a confession.  Now, I clean my brushes regularly, perhaps not as often as I should (I do it about once every 3-4 weeks), that's not the issue.  Before this product.... ok I'm just going to say it.... I used washing up liquid to clean my brushes.  I know, I know, it's not good and far from ideal.  On the upside it's very eco friendly washing up liquid (Method), nothing nasty or abrasive in it :)  Ok now that's out of the way I can get on with the review.

So, first thing I noticed was the lovely smell, this one is in lavender, but they come in a range of scents and colours, from unscented to mango, pomegranate, lemon and much more imaginative scents.

I kept the soap in the box pretty much the entire time, other than when I was cleaning the brush I use for the Maybelline colour tattoos, they tend to be more stubborn, so I used the loofah side for that and it cleaned it beautifully.  It's worth noting, once the loofah side gets wet it opens up and isn't flush on the back of it like it is when it's new.

What I did find (compared to the washing up liquid!) was that it cleaned the brushes really quickly and effortlessly, and unlike the washing up liquid, it didn't take much rinsing to get the soap out of the brushes.  What's more, it left them smelling amazing :)

I love the fact it has so many good ingredients in it (even Argan oil!), you just know that when you're applying your makeup, lots of extra goodies are touching your skin too :)

I really like this, thank you so much to Beauty Chamber for introducing me to it, once it's finished, I'll be trying the Mango refill :)

Where to buy: Beauty Chamber - the refill is £8.50 and a new one in the tub is £9.50*
Would I repurchase: YES! (especially after using washing up liquid #awkward)






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have to say this is one of the most intriguing contraptions I have ever seen and a fab one by the look and sound of it xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I'm so tempted to buy one haha. I always find it a big deal to clean my makeup brushes, but this might be great for making it quicker.

    Millie x

    http://hidbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a nice easy way to clean brushes I'm really tempted to buy one
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! i wouldn't choose lavender though. not a fan. Mango now, that sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a great product. I might have to invest... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This sounds like a dream product :)
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig