Monday 22 April 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked foundation

One of the products that I nearly broke my spending ban for was the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, I was so eager to try it, I ran out and bought it the day after my spending ban ended.  At the same time I also picked up the Max Factor CC cream and the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum.  Here's what I thought of the nearly naked.


I haven't taken pictures of swatches of this because it just looked terrible on my skin, and I didn't really want to put a terrible picture of my face up like that :P

My Thoughts

On first application is applies very fluidly, it's quite a thick foundation but blends in well.  You certainly don't need a lot of it as a little goes a long way.  As for coverage, I would say it's medium/heavy.  The scent is ok, nothing special.

What I didn't like is how this foundation found any dry skin on my face and clung to it, emphasising it. The foundation shifted and melted during the day and cracked a lot over any fine lines which meant it needed to be blended back in, which would have been fine, but when I touched it to blend it back in, it pretty much wiped the foundation off my face leaving a patch of skin visible.  It kind of reminds me of Double Wear in that way, which is a foundation I hated.

All in all, I was really disappointed by it, I just don't think I have the right skin type for it.  I know so many people who love this, which really makes me think it's just my skin it didn't like.  If you're wondering what my skin type is, it's combination skin with a very oily t-zone and some blemishes which have dry skin around them.  I just don't think I get on with heavier foundations any more, which for me, this is.

Where you can find it: In Boots and Superdrug
Cost: £8.99
Would I repurchase:  Definitely not.

What did you think of the Nearly Naked foundation?






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Oh thats a shame as you were looking forward to this foundation so much . I am in love with this foundation but i do agree with you when you say it needs to be reblending a bit but i can live with that .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah reblending I can live with, I'm getting used to it with my skin, but it just doesn't work on my skin, does not look good :/

      Delete
  2. I do think it gets a tad oily through the day but its actually better than the Rimmel Wide Awake and I used to like that. I think it's quite a good foundation for throughout the day instead of wearing a more expensive one. I thought the coverage was good. The only thing i'm not keen on is the clumsy packaging. It should have a pump. Anyways i'll review it soon too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a shame Revlon do that, it's the same with their colourstay foundation too. I know it's worked for a lot of people, just not me sadly :/

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about this foundation, but as it was compared to Urban Decay's Naked Skin Liquid Foundation, I chose to purchase Urban Decay instead, and I'm really loving the formulation. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've had a little sample of it, and that didn't work for me either :P I have very fussy skin I think :)

      Delete
  4. I don't like the sound of this! I have dry patches on my cheeks and no time to reblend! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be worth checking their site in case they give out free samples to try before you buy :)

      Delete
  5. Your skin type sounds exactly like mine. I've been putting off getting this and glad I have now. Will be interested to see what you think about the Bourjois one.

    M

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, very finicky skin! The Bourjois one is definitely better, but again, not amazing with the dry bits of skin. Nothing is swaying me from the Dr Jart BB Cream yet :P

      Delete
  6. Just got this today. What's with the no pump!? Think Bourjois with be my next purchase x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... that's Revlon for you, same with Colourstay :/

      Delete
  7. I've nearly purchased this so many times - heard it compared to the YSL Teint Touche Eclat foundation which is one of my favourites. But it sounds like the formula needs some working on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, take it from me, it's nothing at all like the YSL Touche Eclat Teint foundation, I have that, and it's amazing, but these two are worlds apart as far as I'm concerned.

      Delete
  8. I just read another blog about this foundation, and it was a rave review. I've seen so many people say this was really good. You're the first to have problems with it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I brought this and was not pleased with it at all. The concept is that it feels like you are wearing nearly no makeup, it left my skin dry and it seemed not to blend very easily into my skin, it made my face look like I had a ton of oil on it and it is just sitting on my vanity collecting dust.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig