Friday 12 April 2013

The Music TAG


Hi guys, I thought I’d put together a bit of a music TAG for you today, something a bit different and a bit more personal :)  I thought I’d talk about some of my most favourite music and experiences :)  I'd love to see what all your answers are, so if you'd like to do this TAG, make sure you tweet me (@twinklinpixi3) so I can have a read :)

What’s your favourite type of music?

My true love of music will always be heavy metal (mostly nu-metal, thrash & death).  But, I’d also say I have quite a diverse music taste, taking me from Frank Sinatra, to Belle & Sebastian, to The Shins, to Taylor Swift.  I also like classical music (Chopin being my favourite), Swing, Mowtown, Reggae, Ska, Punk.

What’s your least favourite type of music?

For me, that’s probably chart music, all the dross you hear on the radio (like Capital radio etc), can’t stand it.  I hate country & western, garage, house, drum & bass, dub step  get out of my head!


What’s the best gig you’ve been to?

I’ve been to a lot of gigs over the years, and surprisingly the best one wasn’t a metal one (which is what I mostly go to), but a reggae one.  I can’t remember if it was the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012, but we went to see Toots & the Maytals.  A good friend of ours (Captain Accident & the Disasters) were supporting them so we went along.  It was hands down, the best gig I’ve ever been to.  There wasn’t any fighting or negativity, there were people there from 14-60 and every single person was dancing and singing and having a great time, the atmosphere was phenomenal.

What albums are you listening to at the moment?

I’m loving Stone sour’s album the House of Gold & Bones Part 1 – favourite songs on there would be Gone sovereign, Absolute Zero and Ru486  stonking songs!  Yes, I said stonking!

Also, been listening to the Lumineers’ self-titled album, a nice acoustic happy twangy album.  And, on my iPod I’ve been rocking a decent metal play list, consisting of Coal Chamber, Soulfly, Machine Head, Slipknot, Deftones, system of a Down, Disturbed, Fear Factory, Bloodhound Gang and Pantera

What's your favourite bands/artists & favourite albums?

For me, Slipknot is probably my favourite band, there's so many I could pick from, but they're the ones I keep going back to.  As for favourite album, I can honestly say I don't have one, there's just too many great albums out there to choose from :)

If you could instantly know how to play any instrument, what would it be?

I was going to say guitar, but it would probably be piano.  I used to have piano lessons when I was young.  For me, piano classical music is really relaxing and beautiful, I think it would be a great way to wind down a stressful week.

So that's it, I'm tagging a couple of specific people to do this, but please feel free to do this TAG too :)

I tag:
TattooedTeaLady
The Black Pearl Blog
A Scottish Lass






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I was surprised, I didn't have you down as a metal fan! It's so refreshing to find another blogger with an alternative music taste! :) I'm so gutted I won't be seeng Slipknot at Download this year, it's the first time I've missed it in 4 years! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sadly now I've got rid of my lip ring people don't peg me as a metal head any more :( I've seen slipknot 3 times, my favourite band, soooo good!

      Delete
  2. I didn't have you down at a metal fan either! I knew Fiona was though :] It's ace finding fellow metalheads who also like girly things :p I've literally just done this post after seeing yours http://brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/music-tag.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, through and through :) Love your post too, and commented :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome taste in music, I was a big Slipknot fan in my teens, still listen to them now and again.
    Metallica were always my favourites.

    Lyndsay ♡
    Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen SlipKnoT live too, I love them - only the first three albums though :) KoRn are my favourite! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I love all their albums, their latest one I really love, so much more thrashy than the ones before that, you can really see the influence Slayer had when they toured with them :) KoRn are awesome too - but for me, just their old stuff, I feel they're quite weak these days.

      Delete
  5. Great taste in music! I met Corey Taylor a few years ago and just cried I was so excited!
    It's great to know there are other fashion/beauty bloggers who love metal and alternative music - helps break the (totally untrue!) stigma that anyone interested in lipstick has fluff for a brain and wants to be Britney.
    Wonderful blog :)
    Bex x x x
    www.bexceptionalonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm so jealous you met Corey Taylor!!!! I'd have been the same :P

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig