Wednesday 3 April 2013

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

Hair treatments are something I've only recently gotten into and only recently started doing.  I've started regularly putting argan oil in my hair after washing it and I'm really starting to see the difference, but of course, there's still a wealth of good hair treatments and masques out there to help your hair further.

Now before I start, I'll go through my hair 'concerns' or whatever you want to call it - basically I have a combination of dry and oily hair.  My roots get very oily (like, if I don't wash my hair every day, the second day my roots look unpleasant), and the ends of my hair are generally dry.  I blow dry my hair every time and often straighten in, not usually using any heat protector, I know, bad blogger! My hair is dyed (black) but not as often as it should be, because I'm a bit of a skin flint when it comes to getting it done, and I do a terrible job if I do the dye myself <-- I'm useless I know :)




Available on the Philip Kingsley website for £27.50*, I also spotted it on FeelUnique and Amazon :)

They say "Originally created specifically for Audrey Hepburn, this multi award winning pre-shampoo treatment delivers elasticity, bounce and shine to hair. Also provides UV protection even after washing, helping prolong the life of colour treatments. Visible results from one application that improves with continued use. Fragrance free."


My Thoughts

I have to admit, knowing it was created for Audrey Hepburn made me feel a bit special <3  The Elasticizer is a pre-shampoo treatment, so you wet your hair, towel dry it, work it into your hair in sections (massaging it in at the same time), then plonk your hair in the shower cap which comes with it and wait 10-20 minutes (or a bit longer if you need it).

I'll be honest, to begin with I was a bit unsure about this product, I liked it, but I wasn't sure how much and if it 'really' made a difference, but that was just after one use.

As I've used it more and more, I've started seeing a difference to my hair.  It has a lovely soft sheen to it - not the ultra glossy look (which I don't like) but a nice soft sheen that you hair only really has straight after it's been washed and dried.  My hair has more movement to it and just looks healthier.  I've gone from being a bit of a sceptic to being someone who looks forward to my Sunday evening pamper sesh, and having lovely soft and healthy hair to kick off the week :)






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Never heard of this, would like to see the ingredients though!
    But imo the best pre-shampoo treatment is coconut oil, just heat it up put it on dry hair leave it over night or a few hours, or just as long as you want, then wash it out. Coconut oil is one of the few oils which can penetrate the hair shaft and actually improve hair health from the inside. Which other man made products cannot do.

    It also helps keep protein in the hair, protein is what you need to keep hair strong and from breaking. Its basically one amazing oil! To make a deep conditioner just mix coconut oil, honey and a bit of conditioner.

    Plus it's so so cheap :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to try this, you sound like my hair twin. I was just thinking this morning how i wish i could just wash my hair every other day :(.
    www.buttonsandlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to see if I can find it where I am in the US. It sounds great. I need a good treatment for my hair, as I dye it red. Reds fade so fast that I have to keep dying it every few weeks to keep the color bright. Thanks for the review!

    www.facesbysam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig