Tuesday 16 April 2013

Benefit They're Real

Back a few weeks ago when I went to the Benefit Fake Up event I was a very lucky blogger, I managed to win a cute eye shadow palette and a They're Real mascara, something I'd not tried before.  Well, I've been using it for the past couple of weeks, so thought I'd let you know what I thought about it :)



They say "They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!"

Excuse shoddy eye brows!

My Thoughts

As you can see from the picture above, this mascara is pretty awesome.  It gives me great lashes, that aren't all clumped together.  I don't get any bits breaking off and falling down my face.  It not only gives good volume, but also length.  I love the brush too, it has small bristles which work really well.

There is however, one thing I don't like about this.  It only happens if I put it on both top and bottom sets of lashes, but if I do a hard blink my lashes kinda stick together, which is weird because the product itself isn't sticky.

They have a few product claims on their site too:


What else you need to know:

94% saw dramatic length & volume**
90% saw base-to-tip curl**
94% saw visible lift* 100% saw long-wearing results**
100% saw long-wearing results**


I'd agree with all those claims - it's a great mascara and the worlds number one selling makeup product/mascara, and it's no wonder why.

This is a great mascara, definitely one of my favourites, but if you ask me if it's better than Maybelline the Rocket Volum... I'm not sure I'd say yes.







This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I'm currently testing out this mascara for the first time as well. The first try wasn't too good, but I'm going to give it another go. Hoping it turns out well like yours did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it'll get better as it gets a bit older :) Have you had any more success?

      Delete
  2. I'm just so stuck for a mascara! Obviously different items work differently for different people but I've seen such mixed reviews - and of course £18 isn't cheap!
    I may have to try the Maybelline Rocket Volum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by this mascara... absolutely love it though its application does take abit of getting used to as it can go on abit too heavily!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want the maybelline rocket so badly but it's not available in Australia yet!! Can't wait

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, hopefully it'll be available soon. Or you could do a makeup swap with someone, or get it off ebay?

      Delete
  5. I have this and love it so much :) just a shame about the price booo. I've heard good things about the maybelline one!definitrly be trying that next xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig