Sunday 21 April 2013

London April 2013

If you follow me on Twitter you'll probably be aware that on Monday 15th April I headed down to London for the #LDNBBMeet organised by the lovely Sophia from Tattooed Tea Lady.  The hubby and I decided to make a break out of it and stay there until Weds (17th) as it was my birthday then.  Sadly, for me it wasn't the best break.  The blogger meetup was fantastic and the highlight of the trip, but within about an hour of leaving it, I was in Guys & St Thomas A&E Resus being very poorly.  Here's what happened.  *there'll be a separate post of the goody bag*

Monday morning, getting ready and getting onto the train with my lovely hubby (Chris) to head to London.

Once we were there, we checked into our hotel (our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us, woot), and we headed out to Selfridges to grab some lunch before the meet.  I was over the moon that Pinkberry was there, I've only ever seen these on American YouTubers videos, so we had to indulge :)

Then I met up with the lovely Sophia, did some shopping with some other lovely bloggers and headed to the SheSaid Beauty event.  The highlight for me was having the speckled liner done by Illamasqua and my brows filled in by HD Brows :)

I left there at about 7:30, met up with my hubby and headed to Covent Garden for dinner.  As we were walking through Covent Garden, I had some heart palpatations.  This is really common for me as it's a side effect of taking asthma medication.  But these were different, the longest they've lasted before is about 10 seconds, but after 10 minutes of trying to breathe calmly they weren't easing.  I tried to walk to the restaurant but I was really light headed and dizzy.

After sitting down in the restaurant, I got straight back up and said I needed to leave.  I made Chris called NHS direct who advised me to get to A&E asap.  Too embarrased to call 999 we got a taxi to the nearest A&E where I was seen immediately (after Chris spoke to the nurses about why I was there).  As soon as they connected the finger pulse to me, they called for a Resus bed, my pulse which should have been around 85bpm was over 200bpm.  They wheeled me through, stuck an ECG on me, put a line in and with that, it stopped.

In total I was at 200bpm for an hour, which made my heart feel like it had run a marathon, so understandably I was exhausted.  At this point, I still hadn't even seen our hotel room.  After being given some IV Magnesium and having my bloods back, I was discharged under the proviso of seeing my Dr to refer me to a Cardiologist when I get back to Cardiff.  What I had was something called a STV (Supra ventricular Tachicardia) - it's not life threatening, but I do need to go to A&E if it happens again.  I spent a total of 3 hrs in the hospital, discharged at midnight.  On a side note, the staff there in St Thomas' resus were amazing - and taking a lot of abuse from someone in the bed next to me :/

Understandably the next day we were both exhausted.  I'd planned to go to Bills cafe for breakfast (near Piccadilly) before we went to London, I wanted blueberry pancakes, so off we headed :)  It was amazing there, Chris had a full English breakfast, I had pancakes with a side of toast - all of it was fantastic :D

After a yummy brunch there, we walked back to Piccadilly station, stopping outside Ripley's Believe it or not so I could take a photo of my super tall hubby (6ft 5) standing next to a life size model of the worlds tallest man.  Then we went to the Natural History Museum, saw the worlds oldest tree and some other fun stuff (dinosaurs, blue whale etc) but it was so busy there we left and headed to Harrods.

On the way to Harrods we saw this cute little van out doing its deliveries :)  And while we were there looking for a Longchamp bag, I saw this amazing ceiling in their Egyptian area :)

So, it wasn't the best trip, we were constantly exhausted and quite stressed from spending time in A&E, we headed home on Wednesday (which was my birthday), got a takeaway and had an early night ready for work the next day.

I had loads of lovely comments on my Instagram & Twitter after being in A&E, thanks all for those :)  Needless to say, I'm back to normal now :)

Hopefully the next time I come to London won't be quite as eventful!






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertiser who this month is Sarah from Life in a Breakdown - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I am glad you are okay Hun and glad you managed to have a good time xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, yeah it was quite scary and definitely very surreal!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear you are ok, that must have been so horrible. Glad you managed to still have a good time in London despite that! Your pancakes look delicious. I wish I could have gone to the London meet up too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah very random and scary! The pancakes were Uh-mazing!

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear you're ok, and you had an amazing time!
    I love your make up, and Pinkberry and those pancakes look divine.

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lucy :) Pinkberry was amazing, was so excited to see it! And yeah, the pancakes were amazing, just what I needed after a night in A&E!

      Delete
  4. Glad you're ok, it must have been very frightening. It must be a relief you have a diagnosis and that its not life threatening!! Good for you for continuing with the trip.

    Gem xx
    GemSeren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as frightening as the experience was, I'm glad it's nothing to worry about, just a pain in the bum that each time it happens I have to go back to A&E. Yeah, in fairness to come home would have cost loads as we'd have had to have bought new train tickets as we had bookings on specific trains and times, so we made the most of it :) In a subdued way :)

      Delete
  5. My poor little Twinklinpixi3, was really worried when I saw your Instagram pic. Glad you are ok. One hell of a scare. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good trip to London and you're feeling better now :) It was really lovely to meet you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos! Looks like you had a good time. Hope your ok:)

    Jo xx
    http://a-hint-of-glitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're feeling better. It must have been so scary. I know I'm scared after 5 seconds of the horrible things! You need a brave sticker ;).

    Your London trip looks amazing though and I wish I could have made it. Photos of the speckled liner? I'm intrigued!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I'd love a brave sticker :D The speckled liner, I don't think I have any close ups, if I can find one on my phone, I'll show you Saturday :D

      Delete
  9. Good to see your on the mend now, London was awesome! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you're feeling ok now. It was lovely to see you again on the monday. Those pancakes look fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too lovely :) The pancakes were so good! Blueberry pancakes are my fav breakfast, and being on slimming world 98% of the time I don't get to indulge, but as it was a birthday break I had a couple of days off :)

      Delete
  11. It looks like a great trip aside from the hospital visit, good to see you didn't let it ruin your time away x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you enjoyed the meet up, but what a shame of how you ended up :( I'm glad youre feeling better now and sounding positive :)

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Please vote for me in the Company blog awards, best fashion - newcomer

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's all good :) Meet up was great, met so many lovely bloggers :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig