Wednesday 10 April 2013

100 Spending ban - IT'S OVER

I cannot tell you the joy it gives me to be able to say this, but I completed the 100 day spending challenge, and didn't cheat once :)

Without sounding smug, I am really proud of myself for doing this - the only makeup I bought during the past 100 days was 1 x Chanel Ecriture liquid eyeliner as my previous one ran out, and a couple of blue eye shadows for the photo shoot I did as I didn't have any.  And that's it for makeup bought.

I'm such a 'spender' I never thought I'd be able to do this.  It really didn't help that leading up to spring so many exciting products launched too, like the Revlon Nearly naked foundation which I've been desperate to try.

Other things bought during the ban were:

  • A few lush bath bombs & bubble bars
  • Some shampoo & conditioner
  • A monthly subscription to Birchbox
  • 1 magazine

And that's it!  What I did do is save £10 a week, so when I go to London next week for the blogger meetup, I'll be able to go on a spending spree and buy all the things on my wish list that I've been craving :)  Here's what's finally made it on to my shopping list :)


And the MAC pro palette - I plan on buying a 15 palette, and starting it off with 3 shadows, so that should only set me back about £45, then I'll buy one shadow a month after that :)

If my calculations are correct there's about £192 of stuff there... plus things like some BarryM nail Gelly's... I might put a hold on the Balm palette and just get the rest :)  I've saved up about £150 and I'd like to keep within that, £150 is more than enough!!!

Ladies, its been a pleasure to take part in the 100 day spending ban with you, for those of you that are extending it for another 50 days, you have my complete and utter support :)  Man alive am I glad that's over, and just in time for my birthday (on the 17th, not today) :D

If you want to see any of my previous weekly updates, they all have the 100 day spending challenge label at the bottom of the post, so just click on that and it'll bring up the list :)






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Well done lovely! I will be writing my post tonight :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very well done! I need to do one of these 100-day bans :p x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You did really really well! I cant believe its over...though it was hard, its not been as bad as I expected it to be!

    Now its shopping time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngratulations, you've done amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, you've done so well!x

    taylorpluslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!!! :-) I wouldn't have been able to do that, ha ha ha. Have fun spending, well deserved dolly.

    Lots of love ✿
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIG congratulations :-) Im going to try and do a 30 day no spend ban to ease myself in !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Can't wait to see a haul post!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! Looking forward to seeing what you buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you! I really want the YSL glossy stain and love the shocking mascara, it's best after it's been open a few weeks I find. M xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done, you did really well! I keep toying with the idea of doing this - not to save money but to use up some of the makeup i have already from my overflowing collections!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Georgina! I couldn't of done it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done you, so proud of you and how you didn't break once! Queen of the spending ban! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I decided to do this because of you - I currently have 9 weeks to go! Omg, why?!

    anabelkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig