Sunday 14 April 2013

My Foundation Collection

Being a beauty blogger I like to try lots of different products so I can share my thoughts with you on them all, but part of that process means we tend to build up quite a large collection.  Over the last year, I've collected up quite a few foundations, so I'd thought I'd share them with you :)


It's no secret that I love my Dr Jart BB Cream, the texture, the coverage, and the staying power are all superior.  The Ginvera BB Cream is in a world of it's own too, good coverage, good staying power and it smells divine!  The MaxFactor CC Cream (I know I grouped this with the BB creams, but they're similar) this I haven't tried yet, it felt lovely on the back of my hand :) and finally the MUA BB Cream, well this isn't great.  It's ok, but I don't really like the consistency, it's like a thick gel.  It's not terrible, the Maybelline and Rimmel ones I find much worse, but it's not what I look for in a BB Cream/foundation.

I've yet to wear the NARS, but I have tried the Clinique and the Urban Decay naked skin foundation, which I really wanted to like as I love Urban Decay so much, but both that and the Clinique really emphasised my pores, so they weren't a winner for me.  If you don't have large pores these may well work great for you, so certainly pop by the stands to get a tester/sample :)

It wasn't until I took these pictures that I realised how dark the YSL foundation is, I don't remember it being that dark before, so I'm not sure if it's got darker over the last few months or if my skin was a littler darker when I was colour matched to it (end of the summer), but I don't really get tanned/burnt...  out of the collections there's some winners, and some that aren't so great.  For me, the highlights have to be the YSL (if it was in the right shade!), the nearly naked, Revlon Coloursay, Bourjois healthy mix & the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua... so most of them then :P

Find my previous reviews of these products here:
Dr Jart BB Cream
YSL Touche Eclat Foundation
Revlon Colourstay
MUA BB Cream
Ginvera BB Cream
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation


This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Have you tried Elizabeth Arden's?! I'm OBSESSED... Favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought I had a lot of foundations! LOL....

    I have yet to use any CC creams, I havent seen one that floats my boat yet but I am sure that will change soon enough! LOL

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first impressions of this CC cream are good, but that's only on the back of my hand, so watch this space :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is making me feel much better about how many foundations I own! Ha.
    What's the B. one like? I've been looking at it in Superdrug but not seen any reviews yet!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jesss, I've only used it a couple of times, but it wasn't for me... not great coverage, just didn't feel great on - I'll be doing a full review on it over the next couple of weeks :)

      Delete
  4. That is a LOT of foundations there! What do you think of the Nearly Naked one? I am in debates with myself on whether to purchase it or not having heard that it can be quite dark pale shades and the fact that I have rather pale skin..

    Hannah xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my foundation collection is starting to get out of control. It builds up so easily. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed! I only have one foundation (the YSL one like you which I really like!), a tinted moisturiser and a BB cream!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got such an amazing collection of foundations! I have 4 and am struggling to use them up and I wonder how you can manage them all! :) I love Bourjois one and Rimmel wake me up foundation!

    The Beauty Maniac in Tokyo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love the Rimmel foundations, especially the Wake Me Up! XX

    Hannah, Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing foundation collection, im still trying foundations to see which i love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig