Friday 19 April 2013

Benefit Hello Flawless powder

Back a few weeks ago I went to a lovely Benefit event in Swansea, you're probably bored of hearing me talk about this (lol), but this is the last item I had from the event :)  The lovely Lisa colour matched me to the shade Champagne :)

They say "This silky powder cover-up glides on naturally sheer and layers beautifully for customised coverage with SPF protection. Complete with brush and sponge and dual application lesson."




My Thoughts

This is a good product, but it's easy to get it wrong.  The key is to apply it lightly using a fluffy powder brush, this will give you a lovely matified finish and help you stay oil free for hours.  However, this is quite a soft product and is quite easy to apply too much which will have a bit of a cakey finish.

The powder, like all good ones, is very finely milled.  It comes with the typical Benefit brush, as well as a makeup sponge applicator depending on the finish you're going for and a nice large mirror.  Hello Flawless comes in 10 different shades for different skin tones.

All in all this is a good powder, just make sure you don't apply it too heavily.  If you keep it nice and light you'll have a lovely oil free complexion for hours :)

Where you can find it: At Benefit counters, and online.
Cost: £25.50
Would I repurchase: Yes, but only if I have lots of spare cash :)








This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertiser who this month is Sarah from Life in a Breakdown - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Hi gorgeous. I had the same thoughts with this powder - it is so easy to apply too much, I suggest always tapping your brush to ensure a light coverage to begin with and just build it up gradually. I actually find this the same with all Benefit's powders - great if you like full coverage but not so great if you don't like too much.

    Great review! I love your blog ✿
    Lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie :) I agree with the brush tapping :)

      Delete
  2. Amen to the SPF protection! It's always an added bonus isn't it? :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't so keen on this powder, which is a shame because I've never found a Benefit product to be a let down! :( I found it crumbled away very easily in the palette :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really like this, so easy to apply, looks natural and I love the packaging x

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds quite nice, I'm not very good at being light handed though haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a nice product, I'll definitely have to check this out a Benefit counter next time I'm out!

    http://lipglossandlace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/taylor-swift-wonderstruck-enchanted.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  7. I've been using this one a lot lately. I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, and I find that it gives me the perfect coverage. Instead of swirling the brush in the compact though I just tap it, and it puts enough product on the brush b/c as some people mentioned it's really soft and loose.

    www.facesbysam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig