Wednesday 24 April 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

After my spending ban one of the products consistently on my wish list was the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder.  I see so many of the YouTubers I watch and blogs I read raving about it (namely Tanya Burr) that I thought I'd give it a re-try.  I used to use this when I was a young teenager but I think it's fair to say, that was a long time ago and it was a different product back then.  I know previously lots of people had complained that the lid would just lift off, so not great for your makeup bag, but it seems they've updated the packaging now so it's a twist on lid, yay :)





My Thoughts

It's true that this is a very different product from the one I used to use years and years ago.  I didn't like it back then (too heavy and cakey) but I love it now :)  I apply it with a fluffy brush to set my foundation, that way it's not too heavy either.  Now, it didn't keep me shine free all day (I do have particularly oily skin), but it kept me matte for longer than any other powder I've used, and instead of going shiny, I'd be more dewey.

All in all it's a great product, one I would definitely re-purchase.  Rimmel have certainly upped their game compared to what they were like when I was a teenager - impressed!

The lowdown
Where to find it: In Boots and Superdrug (and online)
My Shade: 001 Transparent
Cost: £3.99
Would I repurchase?  Yes!






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertiser who this month is Sarah from Life in a Breakdown - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I loveee the rimmel stay matte powder, it's the only powder i use and have been using it for a few years now. it's great!
    FashionProject x


    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this powder too, and I've literally just run out of it.
    I love it and I'm definitely repurchasing it.
    I agree the packaging has changed for the better haha!
    Nice review! :)

    Leanne @ Makeup Blast x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's much better now :) The lid actually stays on!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great drug store deal with oily skin like mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :) I have really oily skin too :)

      Delete
  4. I'm still of the unpopular opinion about this powder! I don't like it at all, I think it's because I'm so pale that even the "translucent" shade comes out yellow on me!

    Hazzie xx
    restless-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, well nothing can be perfect for everyone :) The Maybelline Fit Me powder is pretty decent too, and of course, Chanel :)

      Delete
  5. I love this product. I thought nothing could compare to my beloved MAC MSF Natural, but this is equally as good (if not better) and a fraction of the price - winner winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite powder, I haven't used a different one for about six years now! I'm glad they've changed the packaging, my current one is very cracked, definitely not good for the make up bag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm using this for a while and so far I'm impressed. I've never used it before so don't know what the old lid was like but I can't say I'm that impressed with it still, it doesn't feel secure enough for me.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old lid just slid on and off, so would come off very easily, was even like that when I was a kid and tried it like, 15+ years ago :P

      Delete
  8. Whenever I look for this it's always sold out!! I'm on a mission to find it haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gutted! I got mine from my local Superdrug, there were lots there :) Shame you don't live in Cardiff :P

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig