Tuesday 6 November 2012

The Beauty Bloggers Tag


Hey guys!  I saw that the lovely Tattooed Tea Lady had started this tag and I thought it was a great one to do as it's all about blogging <3  So, without further ado, here it is :)


Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?

I started blogging after reading others and realising I wanted to be part of the beauty blogger community.  I've always loved writing, but never really used it as a creative outlet, for me, that was always painting/drawing.  But now, it's all about writing, and writing about products I love, talking about makeup and having a virtual coffee with you all and chatting amongst friends :)  I've been blogging since Jan 2012, so 11 months at current count :)

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?

That would be Sprinkle of Glitter's.  I love the sense of community on her blog, you never feel like you're looking at it alone.  Kinda like being online/offline, it's nice knowing you're not the only one.  I love her writing style, her honesty and lets face it, who doesn't love baby glitter :)  After finding her blog, I swiftly found Beauty Broadcast's and Fleur de Force - both again I love!

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?

Hmm... *scratches head*... I think it was the Revlon Lip Butters.  I started off my blogging life on YouTube, and still do, and on there, everyone was literally raving about them... but we couldn't get them over here... so I started searching uk blogs to find out news of when it might be released, that's around the time I started blogging and I believe, it was one of the first things I blogged about.  There was so much hype around them, I almost can't believe it was nearly a year ago!  As for whether it was worth it... I do love them (I bought 4) but it's not the lip product I tend to reach for... they're great, but not ZOMGILOVETHEM!

What are your favourite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?

I love being able to talk about makeup non stop and the fact that people actually read what I have to say amazes me!  I love that through blogging I've had a great excuse to spend more than I should on makeup, and build up a collection I could never hope to completely go through.  I love writing both good and bad reviews, if something is rubbish, I won't hesitate to tell you every little thing I hate about it, and if I love it, omg will I rave about it :)  I love the freedom blogging gives me to do that :)  And how no one judges me for punctuating with simlies :D

What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?

I've learnt to stay true to myself and my opinions, and respecting others for theirs.  Most of all I've learnt that if there is something in life you really want to do, just go out and do it.  Yes it may be a little early for me to be running a victory lap in my blogging dream, but I haven't been as fortunate as others, opportunities haven't found me, gaining subscribers and views has been a long arduous struggle, but that hasn't deterred me from doing what I love.  And because of that, this little blog is beginning to do quite well :)  As far as I'm concerned, seek out the opportunities and grab them with both hands :)

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?

Quite a few things actually, 1)  I wear makeup EVERY day, and by 'makeup' I mean a full face of makeup.  2)  I'm much more open to trying new things and 3)  The most important one I think, through reading other bloggers blogs, I've started to get really into skincare, and omg has my skin benefitted from that.  It's in the best condition it's ever been in and I have fellow bloggers to thank for that.  On a personal level, before I started blogging, all my spare time was spent gaming (I still do a little), but blogging has gradually taken over and now, blogging takes up most of my spare time - but I couldn't be happier about that :)  Luckily I have a very supportive husband who thinks it's great, but wishes I'd spend less money on makeup :p

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?

Don't expect things to go really fast.  Blog about what you want to when you want to and always remember why you started blogging.  If you stay true to that, the subscribers etc will follow.  Also, get on twitter!  Use the #bbloggers tag to chat to other bloggers, I've met people on twitter who I consider my friends, and I've never even met them in real life, not yet anyway :)  Hopefully one day at a meet up or something I will :)

Name your top five brands!

Easy!  Chanel, Urban Decay, Liz Earle, MAC and Maybelline.

Recommend your top five favourite beauty products!

1)  Chanel Ecriture liquid eye liner - best there is, end of.
2)  Maybelline The Falsies mascara
3)  NARS Orgasm blusher (or NYX Pinched if you're on a budget)
4)  Essie for any nail varnish, I love them!
5)  YSL Touche Eclat foundation - my absolute favourite :)

Tag other beauty bloggers to do this tag!

I tag anyone who reads this post to do it :D

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love this tag, it was really interesting to read. Many of the reasons you started blogging are the same as mine! I love the positive effect you say blogging has had on your life as well.

    - Rhi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig