Monday 12 November 2012

Cha Cha Tint

Hey Pixi3's!  A couple of weeks ago I picked up one of the magazines that had the free Benefit tint's in them, most of them I wasn't fussed to try, but I did want to give the mango coloured Cha Cha Tint a go,  so I picked it up, have a look to see what I think below :)

Available at Benefit counters £24.50 for 12.5 ml


They say "This mango-tinted stain beautifully blushes lips & cheeks with a tropical sunset hue. Smooch-proof & smudge-proof, this sheer stain will have you looking deliciously sun-kissed for hours."

A small amount of the stain applied to the cheeks

The stain applied to the hand, and left. This took around 6-8 hours to come off!

My Thoughts

Benefit is a funny one for me.  I've been passively boycotting them for years due to some really, really bad customer service I had from them.  I may as well share the story with you so it makes more sense!  I went to benefit one day, and spent a LOT of money on their counter (close to £100).  The sales assistant invited me back for a 'celebrity makeover', I loved the idea and signed up!  They said it would only take about 20 mins, that was perfect as I would get 30 mins for lunch.  On the day, I left there to get to my appointment on time, and as I approached the counter, the sales assistant (the same one who served me before) walked to a customer to check they were ok, and proceeded to deal with them for 40 mins!  Twice I walked over to remind her I had an appointment, she just kept saying to wait and she wouldn't be long.  That was it - no sorry, no offer to re-book, she completely ignored me and never said a word to me unless I approached her.  I left, never to return other than for one thing which was my Boi-ing concealer.  I always wore the lightest shade, and when I went to replace it the girl at the counter told me there was no way I was the lightest shade and should buy the next one up, so I did (taking her expert advice) and what do you know, it's was too dark).  I always find their sales assistants far too pushy for the sale, and that's why I don't buy benefit anymore unless it's free with a magazine.

Anyway, on to the product!  Parking my anti-benefit at the door, I do actually really like this product.  It smells lovely and fresh, the stain part of it lasts a really long time (make sure to blend it in quickly!), and it gives a lovely bright (but not too bright) glow :)  I can't say I feel comfortable buying a full size version given what my encounters at the counter are like... so suffice it to say, I will be sad when this is all gone as I do really like it.  But never mind, I'm sure MeMeMe have a good dupe of it :)  

It's a shame the staff I've dealt with ruined my Benefit experience, I'd love to try their 'They're real' mascara, but I just can't bring myself to go and buy it.

Do you like any of the tints?  Have you ever had bad customer service at one of their counters?
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. sorry to hear about your tale! :( it's awful when one bad experience can ruin a whole brand for you! i have to say i own nothing from benefit except their foundation brush! :P i had a make up lesson from them on friday and have to say it was really good!(I did find their assistant a bit 'sales-y' but I guess that's to be expected! It's the same with Body Shop!)
    I got to try out all their best products including their 'they're real' mascara which is amazing! you should be able to buy it from debenhams actually if you'd rather aviod the benefit counter! :P
    I hope you find a counter with sales women who are nice as they are out there-somewhere!!!!!

    Sarah xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was at the Benefit counter in Debenhams I've had the most problems, maybe I should try the one in Boots...

      Delete
  2. It is really embaracing for a brand like Benefit to have such a poor CS even if they have the best products arround...
    http://sparklingmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, no excuse. I'm not saying every sales rep I've encountered was like that, but for the most part they have been.

      Delete
  3. Wow that CS sounds awful! I had pretty bad service from them too and I'm in Australia!
    How disappointing :(
    pastel-pink-lace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow... it stretches across the world then! Hi from Wales by the way :)

      Delete
  4. I find Benefit staff to be a bit hit and miss. Have met some who are lovely, but for the most part they can be very pushy. Also, has anyone else noticed Benefit seem to ask their staff to trowel the make-up on? There's one woman at my local counter who is literally orange! How's that supposed to sell the make-up? :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I've noticed the 'inch thick' application of makeup... and I don't think it looks good. It's easily possible to wear everything (foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, eye shadow, eye liner etc) without looking like you're wearing tonnes of makeup...

      Delete
    3. I have seen some "very done up" girls on the counter to say the least

      Delete
  5. I would be the exact same way... I don't buy anything from MAC due to a snobby sales assistant basically implying that I could not afford the products I was about to buy. I think some of the "make-up artists" think they are better than the customers because they work for high-end brands but they forget they wouldn't be getting their minimum wage if it wasn't for the customers buying the products.

    fashionmywaybykolley.blogspot.com

    Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that's awful, I hate it when people are like that. I don't buy a lot from MAC, I think they're quite overrated, but some of their stuff is good :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds horrible, no wonder you didn't stay.. I have such issues with them I really do... their products and packaging are great, but the service is so far removed from what I'd expect. I thin you're right about why she ignored me, she saw the ££'s in the customer, and knew I wouldn't buy anything. I remember going to their counter once and they offered to do my eye makeup, so I said sure. I said I liked a nice smokey eye... what I didn't expect is for my entire eye socket up to the brow bone to be slathered with silver, seriously, I looked like I was off to a sci fi convention...

      Delete
  7. I had a couple of bad experiences with their sales assistants. One time I asked for a smokey eye and came out looking like a drag queen and then another time the SA actually just walked off halfway through discussing some products through the staff door in Boots and never came back. I was gobsmacked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a fan of Benefit, I've been using their erase paste for years. It lasts me so long though I rarely have to go to their counter. The first time I went I was convinced into spending £60 on a highlighter, foundation and brushes as well. I liked them but only really use the brushes. My problem is when they try things on you, I come away with tonnes of make-up on and I have to go wash it off. They love lots of foundation! They are pushy and want you to try lots of things but if you say no you can escape. Usually.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig