Tuesday 27 November 2012

No Concealer Concealer

Hey guys!  How are you all on this fine Tuesday?

You know how I love my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer right?  Well, I think I may have found it's high-end counterpart :)  Read on to find out what and why!  Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer - Not your traditional concealer.

Small Company history (I thought this was quite interesting!)
Perricone MD was founded in 1998 by Dr. Nicholas Perricone.  Their product focus is anti-ageing skincare and have achieved wide spread recognition for their No Foundation Foundation.  They have a flagship store on Madison Avenue in New York (I'll be making a trip there next time I'm in NYC!), their website which is linked below, as well as in Sephora, Nordstrom (in the states) and in the UK Harrods, Selfridges and online on John Lewis.

Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer 9g £37* available online and in Harrods, Harvey Nichols & Selfridges (all London) as well as other places - a list can be found here.


They say "Featuring broad spectrum UVA and UVB, non-chemical, mineral-based SPF 35 protection, this concealer treats skin while concealing discoloration, dark circles, imperfections. Ideal for reviving tired looking eyes, as well as an eye lid primer for smooth, long-wearing makeup. This crease-proof, long wearing, and easily blendable concealer comes in one shade suitable for most skin types. This non-drying formula is fully loaded with anti-aging ingredients that deliver results both instantly and overtime."


My Thoughts

I've pondered a while over the best way to start talking about this... there's so much I want to say and I don't want to waffle... so here goes.

Appearance - This looks a little different to the concealers we're used to buying.  It looks quite clinical, which it sort of is.  Everything about this (when you see it in person), screams high quality.  Even down to the quality of the label on the product (it's that nice matte, almost rubberised finish).  I really like the pump action too, this is quite different for a concealer, I was apprehensive that it would dispense too much, however it dispenses the perfect amount for me to conceal under both eyes.

Product - When I first opened this, I was really happy that is has a salmony tone to it, I knew that would be perfect for helping to conceal the blueness and redness under my eyes.  The nice thing about it, it's not too salmony, so it blends well with my skin tone and any foundation I'm using.  Tip: pump once onto ring finger and gently warm against other ring finger, then apply to under eye while blending in (this softens and warms it perfectly to blend in).    You can see from the picture of my eyes above that it does a fantastic job of concealing the darkness under my eyes, but I think it's also minimised the appearance of the puffiness of my bags.  Lets face it, nothing it going to get rid of them, so I'm pretty happy with anything that helps make them look smaller.  It's also worth noting, it's Paraben free and has SPF 35 in it.

Summary - I'm really, really impressed with this.  It's now my go-to concealer, I use it every day as part of my makeup routine, mostly focussing under my eyes, but also on any blemishes which have occurred and it covers them just as well.  Yes, it's expensive, probably one of the most expensive I've seen, but like most things, you get what you pay for.  There's no doubt at all that I will be replacing this when it's empty, yes it may be my only beauty purchase that month, but oh boy is it worth it.

On the back of trying this and loving it, I'd bee keen to try their No Foundation Foundation, have any of you tried that before?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I think there is a sample of the no foundation foundation in my LIB advent calendar so i shall look forward to trying that. Is the concealer available in different shades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) It's just the one shade - but I will say that I'm very very pale, and it blends in and settles well on my skin tone :) I'm usually either the lightest foundation shade, or if they go super duper pale, I'm the next one up from the lightest :)

      Delete
  2. Every blog post I've seen on this has been positive! It definitely makes such a difference to your dark circles. Quite expensive though :s xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic :) Yes it's expensive, but it's worth it... it's the best concealer I've ever had.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig