Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Christmas TAG

Hey guys!  What a few days, oh my!  I've been flat out busy since last Wednesday and only now have had time to actually write a post for you :)  I think this is the longest I've gone without updating my blog in months, so, sorry about that - but it was worth it.  I spent a couple of days with my beautiful niece and nephew, parents, in-laws, brother etc.  Seeing that I'm feeling so festive after having nearly all my family together in one place right before xmas, I thought I'd start a cheeky little Christmas TAG for everyone to take part in :)  So, without further ado, here's the questions - people tagged are at the bottom - but, if you're reading this, you're basically ALL tagged to do this too :)

If you do this tag, please do link back to me as a credit of where you found it and feel free to use the image below too (remember to credit me for it though) :)



Q.   What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?
I don’t think there’s one thing I love about Christmas, it’s the whole thing :)  I love it when we go to Ireland for xmas to see my Dad, the drive up through Ireland is stunning (even in the dark!) and all you can smell is peat fires.  Or, when my step dad comes to us, I love looking after everyone and cooking up a nice Christmas dinner and seeing everyone enjoy it :)

Q.   What’s your favourite makeup look for the festive season?
There’s 2 key looks I really like, I love the classic red lip with dark winged eyeliner (very Monroe, and Chanel), and I love the glossy nude/slightly sparkly lips with a deep smoky eye (plenty of glitter for the festive season!)

Q.   Real tree or fake tree?
Real!  For me, the search for the perfect Christmas tree is one of the most important parts of xmas.  I love searching in the rain and finding the tree.  Getting it home, hands all covered in gooey xmas tree sap and putting it in the holder, and decorating it – mulled wine is a must at this point and Sinatra singing Christmas songs :)  You can't beat the smell of a real tree either :)

Q.   Giving presents or receiving presents?
Always giving.  Yes, it’s lovely getting presents, but seeing the happy faces of people opening their presents is the best, especially when you’ve been searching and searching for the perfect gift and finally found it :)

Q.   Do you open your presents Christmas morning or evening?
Christmas morning!  I used to get up super duper early to open prezzies, but now I’m not 8 yrs old any more, and we don’t have kids waking us up at a silly hour, we tend to get up lazily around 10am, put the kettle on and open the presents :)

Q.   Handmade Christmas cards or bought?
Handmade :)  I don’t always have the time to make them (this year is going to be a struggle), but if I can’t make handmade cards for everyone (which is what I did last year), I do try to at least make them for the most important people in my life (hubby, parents etc).

Q.   What’s your favourite Christmas film?
Well, apart from Christmas morning, my absolute favourite Christmas film is Elf :D  I could (and sometimes do) watch it all year round, SAAAANTTAAAA!  But Christmas morning, it HAS to be It’s a Wonderful Life, it’s just not Christmas otherwise :)  It was also my mum’s favourite, so it’s very sentimental to me :)

Q.   What’s your favourite Christmas food?
Hmm… ok there’s a couple of things I really like.  I love a good mince pie, warmed.  NOM!  Starbucks Eggnog latte (if that counts!), and brandy snap wafer curled up thingys with squirty cream in them :)

I hope you enjoyed this little tag, and enjoy doing it yourself even more :)  So, here's who I'm tagging to do this :)


So there you have it!  Even if you're not on the list, I tag YOU to do this :)  Don't forget to link back to me so everyone can see where you found the tag :)

EDIT:  If you want to read everyone else's, here's a list of the ones I've found who've also done it :)
Vivid Beauty,  Rosella,  Futures,  Bravenezz,  Life in a Breakdown,  Countess du Blush,  Emerald Skies,  A Day in the life of a Scottish Lass,  Beauty Becky,  Lizziea,  The life of a fashion-nerd,  Simply Beauty,  Rosella, Natalie Roseanne's Nails and Beauty Blog, What Laura Did,  Little Miss Student Beauty, When Life gives you Lemons,  Beauty and the Biryani,  Cosmetic Charm,  Sophie Rose Hearts,  The Black Pearl Blog,  EatPlayShopLove

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Love it. Thanks for tagging me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be doing the tag Dec 1st as a scheduled post. I'm trying not to allow myself to get too excited until Amelia's 2nd birthday is over.

    Mmm warmed mince pies with brandy cream and an egg nog latte. Stop making me excited!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elf is definitely my favourite christmas movie, never gets old. Great post to put me in the holiday mood, might do one myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just done this! I love it :) http://beautybecky.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/christmas-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hun I'm your new follower love your blog! wan't to follow each other ?:).
    I have done this christmas tag and tagged you in it come check it out.
    Also Running a GIVEAWAY open to everyone!

    www.pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas so much and buying the perfect present for people :) I agree it has to be a real tree! Great tag post

    Tanesha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for inspiring me to write my first ever blog post! I love this tag, it made me feel so festive as I was typing it out!

    Ruth xoxo

    http://embracingthesparkle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-christmas-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome answers I love pies mmmmm thanks for passing by and reading mine :) going down the list reading. Thanks for doing this tag it’s fun especially reading other people answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've worked my way back through the 'tag history' back to you Georgina - great tag this one - I'm wanting to join in. I'm actually imagining that drive up through Ireland - it sounds magical! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I just did my version of your Christmas tag (with your wonderful picture) http://www.katie-nicholls.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/christmas-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just joined in and written one - thanks for the great tag!
    Mine goes live tomorrow - please take a look :)
    www.beautyandthebeagle.com
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig