Friday 23 November 2012

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Hey guys!  So, this has been a requested review.  I picked up this sample at the Urban Decay counter, they colour matched me, gave me a packet and sent me on my way to adventure in their new foundation.  Thoughts are below the pics as usual :)


They say "Feels like wearing nothing, yet Naked Skin transforms your complexion. Skin looks natural, illuminated and bright with a luminous demi-matte finish: like the beautiful skin you were born with. This remarkable foundation is oil-free, paraben free and formulated with light-diffusing spheres that literally make you look professionally retouched. How does it work? Naked Skin uses optical blurring technology to blur your imperfections, making it the ultimate in ultra definition. This revolutionary makeup loads skin with a list of nourishing ingredients including: Matrixyl 3000 (a powerful anti-wrinkle peptide), protective and brightening Litchiderm, antioxidant Green Tea and Sodium Hyaluronate for optimal skin hydration and nutrient absorption. Buildable coverage allows women to customize their look and makeup preference: from light to full coverage. Plus, Naked Skin is suspended in a sleek, hygienic pump, allowing for more control and less waste of product."

Urban Decay Naked Skin £27 for 30ml available in Debenhams

Yep, you don't see it often, me with virtually no makeup on!  Just foundation on top of a touch of under eye concealer :)  

My Thoughts

I want to start off by saying, you know how much of an Urban Decay fan I am right?  Loved them for years, it's one of their palettes that got me really into makeup and eventually led to me blogging.  I love that they're cruelty free and achieve a real high end status in the face of many other brands who do test on animals, for that I applaud them.

But the question is, do I like their first foundation?  In short, No.  The problem with this is the same that I find with many foundations and BB creams, it clogs my pores.  As they day goes on, that seems to get accentuated too.  Not only that, but it cracks like crazy all over my skin which means it needs quite a bit of attention during the day, which I don't really want to be doing.

My philosophy with all makeup, is that it should last all day.  Eye shadow primers should be able to withstand at least 12 hours of wear before creasing, mascaras shouldn't flake, blushers should be just as vibrant, and foundation really should last all day and without the need to maintain it.  YSL have achieved that in their Touche Eclat foundation, surely it's not that hard?  Wrong, YSL have a patent meaning that their foundation is currently the only one on the market that is powder free.  It's the powder in products that makes it pore clogging... so the chances of me finding another that's as good as the YSL one?  Very minimal.  There is however one thing I love about the Naked Skin foundation, the shade.  It's the perfect shade for me and that's a rarity.  It's very pale and once blended really is perfect for my skin tone.  It blends well too, it's just a shame about all the other factors that make this something I won't be purchasing for myself.

Has anyone else had these issues with this?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oh I'm so glad you don't like this! Lol, that sounds awful of me but I HATE it and I'm sort of glad it's not just me!! I was colourmatched in Sephora when I was on holiday in Barcelona (the colour is way too pale for me). But it's not the colour I have the problem with, it's just a terrible foundation for my skin.

    I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay but in future I'll stick to their eye products :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you said that too! I thought maybe I was strange for not liking it :P

      Delete
  2. Lookin gorgeous , heard loads of good things about this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I'm afraid I didn't like it though :S

      Delete
  3. I've heard loads of good things about this, I really want to try it :)

    Natasha Carly x
    prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate buying a product with such high expectations and then being let down; it almost feeling like a betrayal from the company! Great review though thanks a lot it was definitely helpful

    regards,
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They tried this on me when I got the Naked 2 palette. I hated it because the woman had to put a lot on. It sits on the skin and doesn't really sink it. Disappointing!x
    http://britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad i read this before making a purchase!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig