Wednesday 16 October 2013

Overcoming bloggers block

Continuing the theme of helpful posts this week I thought I'd put together a quick post on overcoming bloggers block.  I've helped a few bloggers with this in the past and hopefully you'll find my tips useful too :)

Pinterest
If you're ever in doubt look to pinterest.  Search through the different pins until you feel inspired, the chances are after spending 10 mins on there, you'll have inspiration oozing from your brain!  If you're feeling a bit more organised, head over there now and set up some boards, perhaps one for home, one for makeup, one for hair, one for nails and start pinning away.  That way, when you have bloggers block you'll have boards of pins you love ready to inspire you!

YouTube
Have a search through the videos of YouTubers you like, just because it's a video, doesn't mean you can't write a blog post on it.  As a bit of a backwards example, the Autumn TAG I created ended up on YouTube too by other people picking it up.

TAG, TAG, TAG
These are always a fail safe and you know what? Readers often like them too as they'll typically show a bit behind the blogger which people usually respond well to.  Searching on Google or YouTube for the word TAG is a great way to find both new and old ones.  Don't forget to search on Twitter too :)

Backup posts
There's some pretty standard posts out there you can keep tucked up your sleeve for those days when you just don't know what to write, like;

Blusher collection
Foundation collection
Palette collection
Lipstick collection etc
Five product face
What's my face worth
Skincare routine
Seasonal picks
Wishlists

There's lots and lots to blog about, even when you can't think of anything.  I hope this post has been helpful, and if you have any ideas I haven't mentioned, leave them in a comment below for others to see :)


This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. such a great list! i like to throw in a 'mundane midweek' type post - where i moan my boring and un-bloggery life, or a 'what's in my bag' - cos let's be hoenst; people love to snoop! thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super useful and great list where to get ideas :) Thanks for shearing it with us!

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy


    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post, very well written so you get a total thumbs up from me!

    Bry x
    http://the-life-edit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list,really helpful!
    What I like is the post series,like three things thursday that a lot of bloggers (like me) do! :)

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I find NOTDs and FOTDs to be quite good ones to do if you can't think of anything xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I've been stuck for a while now and I just couldn't think of anything to blog about. So thank you for these tips :)

    Laura
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig