Sunday 6 October 2013

Current makeup loves

Weekly makeup picks

I suppose this is sort of similar to favourites, but I wanted to share with you the products that I'm reaching for the most on a daily basis, whether they're 'favourites' or not.  But just typically what I'm wearing most on my face at the moment and a little summary on what I thought about them and links where I've reviewed them too :)

Maybelline brow drama
I'm still not sure how I feel about this.  If I use the HD Brow kit first to fill in my brows, and then set them with this, I kind of like it, but you need really quite tidy eyebrows first, otherwise this'll colour all the strays in too and emphasis them.  It's good for setting them in place, but I don't like the effect of using it by itself.

This I really love, and as my hair has changed colour I've changed from using the darkest colour to the 2nd darkest.  You only need a tiny bit of product to fill in each brow, a little really does go a long way. The little brush it comes with is fantastic too (angled brush), it's good enough that I've never felt I need to go and purchase one separately.

Can we just talk about this for one minute?  This stuff is the bees knees!  It doesn't provide amazing coverage, so if you have troubled skin, this may not be for you, but if your issues are some redness and generally blotchy skin, I find this covers it up really well and evens out the skin tone.  It sets on my skin beautifully feeling like I'm not wearing any foundation at all.  I'm just trying to finish this one as it's too dark for me, it's in 002 and I have an 001 on standby.

UD Eyeshadow primer potion
This I've rediscovered after using my NARS one.  I've been using this for years, but strayed away to try something different.  This particular tube was 2/3 finished when I switched, and now I've gone back to it months later I'm finding that it's performing much better.  As it's thickened a little I've found that it's helping keep my shadow in place for much longer.  Yes it's even better if it's teamed up with a creme shadow, and then normal shadow, but still, it's been a little buddy to my lids recently :)

Dior BB Eye cream
Holy freakin' moley do I love this stuff!  Great coverage for under the eyes, covers redness/blueness and DOESN'T crease!!!  That's practically unheard of for me!  Yep it's expensive (I think it was around £20) but it does the job I bought it for, and that makes me very happy :)

I've been really pleasantly surprised by this.  It defines lashes and holds a curl well whilst adding volume.  There was so much hype around it, it kinda put me off trying it, but I decided to give it a go anyway and have been really pleased with the results.  It's earned it's place as the mascara I'm reaching for the most at the moment.

This has been another pleasant surprise to me.  I saw so many swatches and felt underwhelmed by it, which seemed to be the general consensus with people viewing the swatches too, but in actual fact the pigmentation is good, they blend well and has a nice range of colours to suit different skin tones.  I've found myself wearing this day in day out over the last couple of weeks, so thought it was worth a mention.

Soap & Glory smokin kohl eyeliner
This is probably one of the creamiest and softest kohl eyeliners I've used.  Typically, I wear it on the outer third under my eye and then blend it in with a brush to smoke it out, and then with that brush add a dark eyeshadow onto it to help it last.  It stays put reasonably well, it does drop a little as the day goes on, but show me a kohl liner that doesn't!

Yep, I still have this and I'm still plodding away trying to finish it! Oh what a glorious day that'll be! Not because I don't like it, I actually really like it, it's probably one of my favourites, but you know what it's like when you can see you're close to finishing something, you just want to finish it and move on, well that's me.  It's a seriously good powder, non cakey, helps set my foundation, very decent and certainly worthy of being repurchased.

I know, I know.  I did a comparison with the Collection one and admitted that the Collection one is better, which it is.  However, I do prefer the applicator on this one, it's easier to use and easier to create a nice winged flick.  The problem with the Collection one is that you can't help getting the product all over your lashes too because of the way the applicator is designed, and that makes it harder to apply mascara.  The Chanel one is just so well made it makes it that much easier to apply, especially first thing in the morning which is when I usually apply makeup.

Finally, this lovely blusher.  It's a dusky pink/plum colour, highly pigmented but not over the top crazy. Three tabs with my Real Techniques blusher brush on this and that's enough for one cheek.  The blusher doesn't look like it's been touched yet, even though I've been using it for weeks just because you need so little product.  This is so pretty on the cheeks too, it applies really well and doesn't go all patchy, and it'll last all day until you're back home again.

What have you been wearing on your face this week?



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Great picks I'm also loving max factors mascara it's fab!
    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing pick.... canaboy is my love

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the mascara and eyeliner! really want to try that blush, so pretty!

    livvy x
    http://beautybudgetlivvy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the curl defy mascara, it's one of my all time faves <3

    http://xosarah-loves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound of the UD primer potion, really want to try this out
    Lauren x

    www.beautyxdivision.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elemis is one of the best brands for spa treatment. It is great to take advantage of their deals like these.
    elemis products

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig