Sunday 20 October 2013

October Cardiff blogger meetup

Yesterday was the Cardiff meetup, a day Helen and I had been planning for months.  The guest list was limited to 20 people, as we didn't want it to be too big.  All together about 35 people signed up so we had a few on the wait list too.

The day before the event nearly half the people dropped out, and on the day a couple of others just didn't turn up.  But, that left us with 8 in total, which actually turned out to be the perfect amount :) There were 20 goody bags prepared and a prize to be won on the day (kindly donated by Ginvera), so as there were so few of us, everyone got 2 goody bags, hopefully the lovely brands that donated products for the bags won't be too disappointed :)

Camomile tea at the Bunkhouse

At 10 am I headed to the station to get to the Bunkhouse by 11am to meet Helen so we could assemble the goody bags, I'd bought the bags and the bows, and Helen bought some little boxes of Smarties for everyone :)  I grabbed a camomile tea and I ended up getting there really early so by the time Helen got there all the bags were already done :P

Bloggers at the Bunkhouse

By 11:45 everyone had pretty much arrived and bought some yummy tea.  Then at 12:30 we headed off and did some shopping.  First we went to John Lewis and hit the NARS and Laura Mercier counters. (purchases at the bottom of the post).

ALL THE PRIMERS!

Then we went to Boots where five of us all bought the same product (new Bourjois primer, 4 of us bought the matte one, 1 bought the illuminating one).  Then we headed to Superdrug and witnessed 15 year old girls (who looked like they'd been shot in the face with Homer's makeup gun) opening new makeup up and applying it (GROSS!!) - I'm not just talking about foundation, oh no, this was mascara! *shudders*

Lunch at Cozy Club Cardiff

After that we headed for lunch at Cozy Club where another blogger joined us.  They were quick to take our drinks order, but the drinks took a crazy 20 mins to come!  The food was lovely though, I had a falafel burger with chipotle sauce and grilled halloumi.

After that we paid up and parted ways.  Gemma & I went to TKMaxx for a bit of a browse where I picked up the scrub and Too Faced palette pictured below.  I spent a few minutes watching a band playing outside there for the SWN festival and then took advantage of a break in the rain to head home on the train.

It was a lovely day and I'm so grateful to the people who showed up, I was terrified that it was going to be just me and Helen with 20 goody bags and no one to have them :P

Here's what I bought & was in the little goody bags :)

Vanilla sugar scrub
 This sugar body scrub I picked up in TKMaxx for £3.99 - you cannot imagine just how AMAZING this smells!!!!

Too Faced Glamour to Go palette
 RRP £19.99 - I picked it up in TKMaxx for £7.99 - it's an 8 shadow, blusher, bronzer & gloss palette - review coming in the next few weeks!

Essie good to go top coat
 I grabbed this in Boots, it's a replacement for my favourite top coat since mine is more than half empty now.

NARS creme shadows
 I saw these when I was at the John Lewis event on Tuesday and thought they were gorgeous then.  They're like a cross between a gel eyeliner and a cream shadow - you can use them as both and the colours are amazing.  Sadly, my camera didn't pick up just how awesome this is, but it's basically black with lots of green glitter in it, so pretty!

Bourjois matte primer
 This is the new Bourjois matte primer that lots of us picked up in Boots, it was on offer for about £6 :)

Goody bag products
These are what was in our goody bags :)  So a big thank you to the House in Town, Benefit and Dirty Works for these :)  And to Helen who bought little packs of Smarties for everyone :)

All in all it was a great day, but I will say that it's not a great idea to sign up for an event if you don't think you'll be able to make it, or if you think you might change your mind.  At least, if you do, please notify the organiser and ideally give them more than 24 hours notice, as at that point it's too late to invite people who are on the wait list.  

A big thank you to Helen, Gemma, Leanne, Linda, Laura & Mia, Nina and Elle.



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely day but I'd be raging if so many people cancelled last minute. Especially as you had a limited number to begin with!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a fab time, I do worry about this and my event with people dropping out. I just hope they give me notice if they are going to, people dont realise how much effort is involved when sorting goody bags ect ive had to sort 50! EEP

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely day, but I can't believe how many people cancelled last minute! I felt bad even cancelling the weekend before. Having no money really sucks :-(
    I really wish I could smell that candle, it sounds amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too Faced palette seems so lovely :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I'm sorry people dropped out, but it does sound like you had fun xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame people dropped out but it looks like you had a great time- Cardiff is amazing for shopping! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely meet up and a perfect day! Hope you all enjoyed :-) I hope to attend one in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to get to one of these but I went to cardiff fashion week shows yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a lovely day. I really like meeting other bloggers & chat all things beauty related.
    Shame people dropped & out & didn't let you know. These events take alot of organising.
    2 goodie bags each is fab for those who made the effort to come & support you and get to know other bloggers x
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe people think that it's acceptable to drop out of things last minute it's just so rude! At least the rest of you had a great time and extra goody bags :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so annoyed that people didn't turn up or cancelled at the last minute! I was on the wait list and I would have given anything to come. It looks like you organised such a great day though, well done.

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to go to one of the Cardiff meet ups sometime! I'd also love to go to Cosy club, I've been wanting to go for ages. The Nars cream eyeshadow/liner looks so pretty!

    beyondthevisiblespectrum.com x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all your hard work, it was a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's awful that so many people cancelled at the very last minute or didn't bother to turn up, especially when there was a waiting list of people who really wanted to go.

    I hate going in Superdrug! I always find teenagers in there trying on lipsticks (testers or new ones they've opened) or even doing their whole make up. The couple of times I have bought products from Superdrug they've usually been opened :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. How annoying those that don't turn up after signing up! Am glad you all still had a good time and made off with twice the amount of goodie bags then!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had such a fab day, massive thanks to you and Helen for organising it. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig