Thursday 24 October 2013

John Frieda frizz ease

frizz ease shampoo and conditioner

There are many things my parents blessed me with when they had me, high cheekbones from my late mother, blue eyes from my father and nice hands from my mother again.  There are however, some less desirable qualities they passed on, and in this case that was frizzy hair.  Mum always suffered from the frizz and never really found a way to tame it.  Now, my hair isn't quite as bad as hers was, but if I don't straighten it, it's still quite frizzy.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been trialing some John Frieda products to help control my frizz, I've been using hair oil for curly hair (I know mine isn't curly!) and their smooth start hydrating shampoo and conditioner.

First off, the shampoo and conditioner.  When I'm actually using these in the shower the shampoo does make my hair feel a little dry, but that's ok because when I follow it up with the conditioner my hair feels lovely and soft, but at this point it's still wet so a bit early to tell just how it performs.  Then I towel dry it a little, and wrap it up on my head.  I spend a while doing my makeup and then go to dry my hair. This is where the hair oil comes in - it's separated in two parts so you need to give it a good shake first, you place 10 drops of it in your hands and work it through your hair.  This certainly didn't curl my hair which I was relieved about.

After drying after the first time I used these my hair felt amazing, it was soft, sleek, less frizzy and had a nice weight and sheen to it.  It wasn't greasy at all and felt lovely.  After a couple of weeks of use I think it's best placed not as an everyday shampoo, but one for weekends or for days when you want your hair to look really lovely.  I found if I used it every other day some of the benefit was lost, so using it less often makes it more effective, that's at least what I found with my hair.

If you're interested, until the 28th Oct (2013) they have a Facebook competition running to win lots of John Frieda prizes too.

You can pick these up at good high street stores like Boots and Superdrug for just under £6* each.




This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This sounds like a quite nice range. I think your hair can get used to things sometimes. I have really frizzy, curly hair from my mum too!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really like to try this range, my hair is so frizzy and I really struggle to find products to help fight it! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. they never work for me! I have such frizzy hair and just nothing but I love the blonde range!

    http://beautybudgetlivvy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used Frizz Ease in years, might be time to revisit...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig