Tuesday 15 October 2013

Mid October haul

Another week, another haul :)  If you saw yesterday's post you'll know I'm really keen to start sharing more lifestyle posts with you, whether that's recipes, craft or whatever.  Well today this begins.  Yes, there's quite a bit of makeup in this haul, but there's also some homewares ready for Christmas which is just around the corner!

Makeup purchases
Blurry closeup of makeup purchases

1.  In the past I've not been a big fan of L'Oreal foundations, they just don't set on me, but after seeing lots of wonderful reviews I thought I'd give this a whirl.  Very excited to try it in the morning, it set me back £6.99 at Superdrug :)

2.  Maybelline colour tattoo in Light in Purple - one I've had my eye on for ages, I picked this up in a blogsale over on Tales of a Pale Face for £2.50.

3.  Maybelline 24 hr powder in Ivory.  I'm not 100% how much this was, I think it was around £4.99. It's supposed to be waterproof (therefore last longer) and is part of their 24 hr collection.  Even though this is the lightest shade, it does look far too dark for me.  We'll see when I try it.

4.  Rimmel Fix & Perfect in 002.  I've seen so so many amazing reviews of this I just had to give it a go. I'm going to be wearing it under the L'Oreal Eau de Teint foundation, very excited to try this :)

5.  L'Oreal nude BB powder.  This excites me.  Do you know why? It's actually for pale skin! I have the porcelain shade which is very pale (whoop!), on swatching it feels very soft and very finely milled.

6.  Wet n Wild trio in Don't Steal my thunder on Tales of a Pale face blogsale (I think this was £3).  I actually wore this today, it's very nice! Standard WnW quality - creamy and very pigmented, very impressed with this :)

7.  Illamasqua nail varnish in Ruthless.  This was given to me by a friend (it was a little light for her). Very excited to try this, my first Illamasqua nail varnish! Expect a review soon :)

8.  NYX creme blusher in Tickled, this was also in the blogsale and I think this was about £2.50.  I wore this today too, beautiful colour, slightly more oily than I'd like, but it didn't give me shiny cheeks, but I'm not sure how well it lasts.  I need to give it much more of a road test first :)

Christmas purchases

Candle jar
 ** Cute Christmas candle jar **

Amazingly soft Dents gloves
** Look how soft on the inside!!!!!! **

1.  The very cute Noel jar perfect for the dinner table at Christmas, perfect to put a votive in or a simple tea light

2.  Discoball baubles for the Christmas tree - I bought a load of these about 13 years ago and one by one they've all died so it was time to replace them, and they were only £1.99 for 8 :)

3.  Dents winter gloves.  My husband bought me some great gloves for Christmas last year that you can use with your smartphone, but sadly my long nails poked holes in the end of them.  My new Dents are easily the softest gloves I've ever worn, so soft and not crazy expensive (£12.99).  I can highly recommend these!

4.  A little Christmas tree tea light holder.  This will probably sit around my TV while I sit back and watch Christmas films and enjoy it flickering in the background.  Ever so cute, I absolutely love it!

5.  Two Yankee candle wax tarts in Sugared Apple and Christmas Eve - both smell amazing!  Sugared Apple smells gently sweet with a hint of apple, very very nice, and Christmas Eve is more of a cinnamon scent, but not overly strong.

I picked up all of the top 5 items from a shop in Haverfordwest (Pembrokeshire, West Wales) called Vincent Davies (I freakin' love this shop).



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Serious; loving it! :) I can't wait for christmass, until then.. college work! Love your post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe soon Christmas is here, love the Christmas candle holder, super cute.

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rimmel Fix & Perfect sounds interesting, I know I'll end up buying it now *shakes fist*. I'm burning about 20 yankee tarts at the moment, I loves them! Wish there was a cute shop near me that sold nice bits, quite jealous x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really like it... nice blog and great post... :*

    http://mixijewelrybox.blogspot.com/2013/09/50-shades-of-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Vincent Davies too. Great shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I must check out the L'Oreal BB powder as a lot of the "ivory" powders I have tried look orange on me.
    Katrina
    Mountainbeauty2013

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig