Saturday 5 October 2013

My lipstick storage

Lipstick storage drawers

I've recently (about 2 weeks ago) bought some new storage for my makeup.  I know a lot of people have the Ikea (blogger) drawers, I do actually have a half size set of these, but that's mostly for desk related things, I've managed to take over 2 drawers for makeup, but that still leaves me with a lot, so I've picked up a couple of different sets which over the coming weeks I'll show you as well as how I've organised it.  This week I'm started with the smaller of the two, and that's the lipstick storage.  Ideally, these would be clear acrylic, but I don't really want to buy any unless I can see them in person and not that many places sell them.  So one frustrated and rainy Sunday, I dragged the hubby with me to The Range in search of some storage to help clear up my desk.

We came across these drawers early on in the search but they weren't exactly what I was looking for, so I kept on with the search, but after looking around the store for quite a while, I realised these would actually be pretty good.  They were around the £5 mark and I've managed to put *most* of my lip products in them (there's a few in my bag I keep handy that also don't fit in, hence needing more storage).

Top storage drawer for lipstick

This is my lipstick drawer.  As you can see, it's pretty full.  Ideally, I'd have an acrylic lipstick storage unit too, the one where you can stand up the lipsticks so I can put my most frequently used & favourites in there.  I also keep lipsticks in here that I'm trying out or that are awaiting review, at some point, I'll organise them so they're all kept in order of brand.

Middle storage drawer for lip crayons

This is my lip crayon/stains/double ended lip product drawer.  So here I have all my MUA lip Boom's (as well as most of my MUA lipsticks as an overflow to the top drawer).  Other than the random Dior lipgloss that's in this drawer (tucked away at the back) one of my favourites has to be the Bourjois (orange) crayon, it's certainly not orange on the lips, it smells lovely and has good lasting power, a real diamond in the rough :)

Bottom storage drawer for lip gloss

And finally, my lipgloss drawer.  Now, I was a bit of a sad puppy putting this drawer together, I found quite a few very old lipglosses (mostly my Chanel ones) that were not only old, but pretty much empty, with just a bit of gloss around the edges that would be hard to get to.  So I made the decision to throw them away, but that does give me the great excuse of building up my collection of Chanel lipglosses again :)  Although, I don't wear much lipgloss anymore, I'm more of a lipstick girl these days.

That's my complete lip product storage, it was nice and cheap and yeah it's not perfect, but it's a darn sight better than previous storage I had (they were all thrown in two old glossybox's).

If anyone knows of a shop where you can buy the lipstick storage (clear acrylic) where the lipsticks can stand upright please let me know - I'm looking for shops I can actually visit as opposed to search online.

Have a great weekend :)



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Gosh my collection is so bad compared to yours, but I do love your storage x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the storage! x

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooow, so many! haha, amazing! Love your storage <3 I wish I could dig in it (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks :) There's some pretty shades hidden in there :)

      Delete
  4. Great storage - amazing how many lipsticks you own!! I need somewhere to put all my brushes and your jars look perfect.. will have to go to a supermarket and buy something in a big jar :P

    www.kayspray.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have too many :P I've actually written a post about my makeup brush storage if you want to have a look (I say where I bought them too) :) http://www.makeup-pixi3.com/2013/07/makeup-brush-storage.html

      Delete
  5. I got an acrylic lipstick holder for about £3 off ebay that holds 24 lippys, it's great although it took about a month to arrive as it was from a chinese company

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one someone further down recommended (and linked to), which I've just purchased :)

      Delete
  6. You have so many lipsticks! The Bourjois crayon does look lovely.
    I only have about 15 lipsticks which are in stacking storage boxes, and all my glosses/crayons etc. are stored upright in pots :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I really like this drawer! Not sure about where you can view any acrylic ones though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me neither, maybe I should try Home Sense :)

      Delete
  8. Wow all my lippies would fit in one of those drawers :)

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  9. I buy my lipstick storage from ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261280934255

    Under £3. Bargain!

    Sophie. x

    http://www.thebirdsong.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie, that was an awesome fine, I've just purchased one, thanks!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I coo over their products quite frequently, but they're not cheap and I'd really want to see them before buying in real life, if only they had a shop here in Cardiff!

      Delete
  11. In the future, when people comment on how many lipsticks I own I am just going to start dishing out business cards of the web address of this post on it.

    This is what I aim for.

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol awesome :P Yeah, I have a bit of a problem, but admitting it is the first step right?

      Delete
  12. I really need some time of drawer storage. Thanks for the idea! Like the modern look of these drawers! :)

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am drooling over it!! You've got a lot of lip products! You can easily find those clear acrylic lipstick storage on ebay! They have a good stock.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i actually like these draws so luch better then the clear ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look really useful!! I just have everything thrown into a drawer which means I lose track of which lipsticks I have!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig