Thursday 3 October 2013

My perfect spa day

You may be surprised to hear this, but I’ve never been to a spa, I know, it’s terrible isn’t it!  I guess it’s just something that’s never been a high priority for me so I’ve never made time for it.  But it’s something I’d really like to start treating myself to, so with that in mind, I’ve compiled a bit of a wish list of what I’d have done as well as mention some of the places that you could go over the UK.


The Vale Resort & Spa – Cardiff
Let’s kick off the tour in my home city, Cardiff.  Technically this is just outside Cardiff, but we won’t worry about that.  A few years ago the hubby and I spent a weekend at the Vale Resort & Spa and it’s the only time I’ve ever tried to have a treatment, we went along to the Spa but sadly they were fully booked and couldn’t accommodate me for a facial.  That being said, I’d still love to give them a try.  Top of my wish list here would be the Vale spa creation facial (£55), it’s a Clarins aromatherapy facial created based on your own skin type, this sounds amazing and lasts nearly 1 hour, can you just imagine how relaxed you’d be after that!?


Spa London – London
Next stop is the big city, London.  The thing I like about this place, the prices, it’s probably one of the most affordable spas in London, and made it in the Time Out list of London’s best spas.  Top of my wish list here is the Elemis skin solutions oxygen calm facial (£65), it lasts for 70 heavenly minutes and includes a Japanese silk mask, face massaging and more.  I’d also be really keen to try their Escape the city salt scrub – I’m a big fan of salt scrubs but haven’t tried any really luxury ones before. I’m also a big fan of the Elemis Frangipani range, and they have a body nourish wrap there that’s only £59 and lasts 50 mins, I can’t describe it as amazingly as they have on their site, so I’ll copy it here for you “Aromatic Tahitian Coconut and Frangipani Flowers are soaked together to produce the Monoi which is poured all over the body and then cocooned in a nourishing foil wrap. Drenching the skin in moisture, this therapy provides ultimate radiance.” – ERMERGHERD!


The Beauty Manor – Leicester
Next we’ll head up north on our spa tour to the Leicester beauty salon, The Beauty Manor.  You know how with the previous two spas they had a brand they worked with? i.e the Vale works with Clarins, Spa London were Elemis?  Well The Beauty Manor are Decleor who I’m a big fan of, their skincare is amazing, such great quality.  My wish list here would start with an Aroma expert facial (1hrr 15 mins) which is £55, I’d follow that up with a Madagascar escape with exfoliation (1hr) which is £50, it’s a series of massages and exfoliation of the skin.  Here I’d add a 3rd treatment, a Cleanse and Make Up (45 mins) which is £37, treating myself to having someone else do my makeup for a change.

So there’s my whistle stop tour of Spas that are top of my wish list, and what treatments I’d have done.
What’s your favourite treatment to get at the spa?


This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love a good spa day. I had one last year for my birthday as I was pregnant and couldnt really do much else but I didnt know that they had one in Leicester! May have to drop a hint to the OH this year ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a spa either. I did once plan to go with a few friends for my Birthday for a chocolate wrap, unfortunately we booked it through Groupon and it never happened :(
    I really want to try a Lush spa but I wouldn't want to go on my own, I'm a wuss! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... what a luxe treat. I do need to visit Spa London when I get to UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig