Saturday 19 October 2013

A John Lewis Christmas


It's that time of year again when shops start filling up with beautiful Christmas decorations and showcasing the looks they've put together for the festive season.  Earlier on this week I was invited to see first hand what John Lewis have in store (<-- see what I did there!).  I'm sad, I know.

You'll have to excuse the slightly fuzzy photo's it was quite dark in there.

Some of the 'rooms' they set up, like this one which is a 'Vintage Market', how cute does it look?

 How amazing is this lamp!?  I love how it looks in the dark, great for a feature.

 They set this up in the middle of the room - it's showcasing some of their edible bits and bobs they're selling for Christmas, as well as some little treats we could put into a bag to take home, so cute!  My biggest memory of this was trying what I thought was a green olive stuffed with pimento, when it actually turned out to be a very hot chilli!!! So, so, so hot!

 NARS were displaying some of their new foundations, they're a cream formula in a LOT of shades, I think they retail for about £28 and you need to buy the palette separately for £6 I think - but you only need to buy that once, then you can just pop out the foundation and replace it with a refill & new sponge.  I only tried this on the back of my hand, but it looks like it has a soft dewey finish.

 This is NARS new gel eyeliners/shadows - they're a two in one product that sets fast and is designed for very long wear - some of the shades available were amazing!

Sadly I didn't get a photo of Laura Mercier, but they were there too showing some of their new eyeshadow trios and a stunning palette with several eye shadows/blushers and other bits and bobs combined.  Laura Mercier did give me a gift too (eye shadow duo and mini mascara), I've been wearing both of them all week (my first LM products!).  The quality is amazing, one of the shadows is quite glittery and there's next to no fallout, the mascara is really long wearing too - both are great.  I'll be doing proper reviews of these so keep your eyes peeled :)

I can't keep it a secret, the John Lewis Haberdashery were there and doing card making with everyone!  This was my favourite part of the night (above is the card I made & below are lovely fellow bloggers with the lady from Rowan wool), I really felt at home there and the ladies were so so lovely.

As you know, I've just taken up knitting, and when I was talking to the Haberdashery ladies they mentioned that John Lewis do free knitting classes with Rowan - in the Cardiff John Lewis the classes are on a Tuesday from 11am - 12am, teaching beginners.  You just need to call in advance and book - how amazing is that!!!


 I love these cute signs they made :D

Finally, John Lewis have some quirky gifts for sale this year, I took a pic of these ones as I love their 60s/70s vibe.  By the looks of it they're cordless too, how cool is that!?

Thank you to John Lewis for inviting me to their fab event, and for a lovely goody bag too!

What are you looking forward to about this Christmas?




This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. So excited for Christmas! The owl card is so cute! xxx

    Vanessa www.theothervw.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a sucker for Christmas make up ranges! Hope MAC bring one out!
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blogpost - now I'm really looking forward to Christmas!

    Those quirky phones at the end look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog post! This makes me excited for Christmas!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely made me even more excited than i already am for christmas, cant wait!
    You look like you wouldve had a really good time :)

    Frankie Boo Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig