Thursday 10 October 2013

A skincare haul

A selection of newly bought products

I know this haul isn't all skincare, but it's feature is :)  I've bought a few more things this week which I'm still awaiting delivery of, that'll feature in next week's haul post, so keep your eyes peeled for that! In the meantime, have a look at what I've bought this week, and some of which are quite thrifty!

Clarins gentle foaming cleanser (£18 I think!)
Clarins gentle foaming cleanser

A bit of a story for you.  So, the other night I found some old skincare I had in my cupboard by Biotherm (smells amazing!), so I thought I'd give it another whirl.  To my horror my skin started burning and went really red - it's completely my own fault, the products were REALLY old and should have been thrown out a long time ago, so I hastily splashed lots of cold water on my face and avoided anything scary.  I immediately threw the products away.

Wanting to get back in to good skincare, I popped to the Clarins counter the next day armed with £20 of Boots points.  What I said I was looking for was a good face wash, the lady asked me if I had any skin concerns, I said VERY oily skin, and she wandered off and brought this back for me.  I'm on day 2 of using it so far and love it, I LOVE the scent of it, makes my skin feel and smell lovely.

What was also nice, she picked out 3 samples for me that complimented my purchase, a toner, a moisturiser and a pink clay face mask (which I'm yet to use - the toner and the moisturiser are lovely though).

Clinique bottom lash mascara (£12 - I used £5 of my Debenhams points to make it £7)
Clinique bottom lash mascara and it on my lashes

This is one product I never thought I'd buy, it seemed totally unecessary, but after seeing so many bloggers and YouTubers rave about it, I was keen to give it a go, especially as I've been wearing mascara on my bottom lashes quite a bit recently.

The wand is TINY! But ever so cute!  So far, I've only used it once (by the time you're reading this, I'll have used it 3 times), but so far so good.  It emphasised every single lash and made them look long and fluttery.  After a day of wear (7am until 9:30pm) not one bit had flaked off - that's seriously impressive!

I'm really looking forward to using it again tomorrow morning :)

Bourjois creme eye shadows (£6.99 each)
Bourjois creme shadows and swatched

I was casually browsing the shelves in Superdrug when my friend who works there pointed these out to me.  They're Bourjois' answer to the Maybelline colour tattoo's and in my opinion, nicer colours.

Their one failing is that the only place they mention the shade of the product is on the sticker sealing the lid and bottom together, which you have to tear off to get into the product - not very well thought out. However, the quality of the products is different to Maybelline.  I haven't had a chance to wear these on my lids yet, just swatch them, but they are much more a powdery finish (they actually claim cream to powder finish on the packaging).  They have a lovely non-sticky quality to them and can't wait to try them out!  Watch this space soon for a full review :)

Freebies!
YSL foundation sachet samples

REN skincare freebies

We all love freebies so I couldn't resist to share these with you.  InStyle magazine have free REN skincare this month, how awesome is that!? Whatsmore, InStyle is only £2 this month too, so of course I had to pick that/them up!

Next are the YSL foundation samples, this was actually a bit of a fail though.  I asked the lady on the counter for a sample of the Youth Liberator foundation... and she gave me the touche eclat teint foundation which I already own and have done since they launched it.  So, as lovely as these are, they're a bit of a waste for me as I already own the full size.  Nevermind!  I'll try again next time I'm at a YSL counter.

Have you tried any of these?



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'd love to see a full review on the cleanser. I've been LOVING Clarins products lately so I think that it's something that my skin would love. So lovely of her to hand pick some samples too! Usually I just get whatever chucked in :/

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe that InStyle are doing free REN skincare! :)

    Much love,
    Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really liking Clarins at the moment :) can't wait to hear more!


    Recent Posts over at The Jewel Beauty
    YSL Youth Liberator Foundation
    Chanel Handbag Reveal

    The Jewel Beauty Blog - A friendly beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to buy InStyle - what a great freebie! Really want to try the bottom lash mascara too x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to use that clarins cleanser however found it made my skin feel really tight and dry, recently switched to the one with shea butter rather than cottonseed and it leaves my skin feeling so soft and plump! lol!

    Love the cream eye shadows, the middle colour is gorge, great swatches.

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Bourjois creme shadows mind. My entire life is based around lusting after them at the moment!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liposuction in New Delhi is done by an exceptionally qualified plastic surgeon in Delhi. Make a point to ask first and get the most effectively for your operation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig