Tuesday 29 October 2013

Lets talk about tea

One of the things you may or may not know about me, is that I love tea.  Yep I like the usual assam and English breakfast, but my favourites are flavoured tea and herbal tea.  So I thought I'd talk about tea today :)

camomile tea

My first love is camomile tea - I used to drink this all the time when I was younger and it wasn't until there was a sachet of the Teapigs camomile flowers tea in a beauty box that I rediscovered it.  So after that I went out and bought a big box of it :)  The trick with Teapigs is to buy a big box of them, otherwise each teabag works out to be nearly 50p each, if you buy a big box is less than half of that :)  The big bag on the right is loose camomile flowers from Harrods - I know that sounds really expensive, but it's actually the same price as that box of teapigs on the left, and there's a hell of a lot more of it!

Chai tea and latte
A recent discovering of mine is Chai tea, if you're looking for it in a cafe, the best (in my opinion) is Cafe Nero - I think they use the same powder (Drink me chai) as above.  If you're not familiar with Chai, it tastes a lot like cinnamon :) I've even taken to making it at home just like they do in Cafe Nero, warmed milk, powder whisked in and a shot of vanilla syrup, it's so yummy I've been drinking one while sat here typing this :)

Peppermint tea
 Next up - Peppermint tea - boy oh boy is the Teapigs one amazing!  Quite strong (strong in peppermint, not 'tea' flavour if you know what I mean?) - you can get a couple of cups out of 1 teabag too.  The tassimo strawberry/rose tea is really lovely too - I love that Tassimo (who primarily make coffee) have thought of other things as well as coffee.

Twinings green tea

These?  these are my work tea's.  My favourite by far is the pomegranate green tea - especially if it's mixed with some runny honey - the two go so well together.  The mango & lychee tea is lovely too - the peach is probably the most 'green tea' tasting of the lot, still lovely though.

I hope you liked this different kind of post today - what's your favourite kind of tea?




This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I love Earl Grey - it is definitely my favourite! I also love the Chai Latte - it is soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a big fan of earl grey, a bit fragrant for me :) Don't get me wrong, if someone makes me a cup I'll drink it :)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried Chai tea before but now I'm going to have to! It sounds lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's so nice! Tastes of sweet spicey cinnamon :D

      Delete
  3. Heh, the Twinings green teas are my work teas too! Love the Orange and Lotus flower and the Cranberry blends x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe neat! I haven't tried the Orange and lotus flower one, I'll have to try that :)

      Delete
  4. The mango and lychee is so tasty! Great selection :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. really tempted to try some of the teas at Tea Pig so I'll definitely be giving the Peppermint a go!

    - Laura xx

    http://www.faintlyfreckled.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea Pigs are great! Just buy the biggest box so the bags are cheaper :D

      Delete
  6. I adore chai latte & the peach tea sounds amazing! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love any Chai flavoured :) I love the packaging of the Teapigs tea too! Lovely xx

    http://peachypowderpuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Teapigs packaging is really earthy :D

      Delete
  8. I love the Twinnings green tea range. I've got mango one at the moment but my next is apple! I think I'm going to give Chi latte a try though, sounds yummy.

    Jen xx
    http://jenfarny.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm apple! I love the normal Twinings spiced apple tea, so yummy!

      Delete
  9. Wow these all sound lovely, especially the honeycomb and chamomile. I really want the pomegranate and green tea now too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pomegranate one is lush! Esp with honey in it :D

      Delete
  10. The Chai Tea sounds delicious! Going to have to give this a try. I'm loving the Twinings Ginger and Lemon tea at the moment! I have a box of it at work xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig