Monday 14 October 2013

Changes are coming

changes are coming poster

On the 11th January 2012 I started this blog with a post that said 'Hi' and a random poor picture of my eyes (random I know!).  All I ever intended on posting were beauty reviews of products I love, hence the name 'Makeup-Pixi3' which is a rehash of my Xbox gamertag :)   

Fast forward nearly two years and the blog has evolved.  Still 90% of my posts are makeup/beauty reviews, 5% lifestyle and 5% fashion, but I want to change that.  I'm still aiming to post every day, that's not going to change, but I think I need more variety, and I think you might like that too :)

So here's the plan, beauty posts will still be over 50%, but I'd really like to do more lifestyle posts, things like home interior inspiration, pinterest inspiration posts, recipes (for food and drink), posts about things that make me happy, like lilies and purple things.  But before I completely commit to this change, I want to make sure it's what you, my readers, want.

So please, please, please leave a comment below letting me know;

1) Are you happy with this change?
2) What type of posts would you like to see more of? (i.e. recipes, tea chats, craft, pet, flowers, pinterest, music etc)

The blog will still have the same name, nothing will change other than the variety of the posts I write about :)  Hope you're as excited about this as I am :)  And if you have any specific requests for posts just put them below too :D



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Sounds like a nice idea, I like recipes, new stuff on Pinterest and craft is good too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I just figured I spend so much time on Pinterest, I may as well start sharing some of the things that inspire me on there :)

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of more lifestyle posts and interior decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do whatever you feel right! It's your blog and your space! Get more lifestyle posts on here! :)

    I have a giveaway if you fancy entering - www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see what you'll come up with!! I would love to see anything really!! I love the way you write and will love what you will start writing about!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh exciting! I love to read craft and decor posts as well! And recipes of yummy goodness of course :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea and love all the things mentioned x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea! You should definitely go for it :)
    Just post whatever makes you happy and your followers will be happy about that,too!
    Everything you mentioned is great!

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great idea! I love seeing blogs with different kinds of posts. If you're posting about something that you love, your readers should love it too! Best of luck!

    - Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! i personally would like to see some yummy recipes :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this idea! I love a good recipe idea :) if you read any books could you do reviews on them? Would love to find some new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone changes and evolves and so should the blog with you. I know mine's changing since I got pregnant because I want to share what I am learning as part of the process. Sharing is caring xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Changes are natural. It´s great to see how a person grows...and blogs grow too! I enjoy a lot of fashion, cheaper alternatives to desinger/brand products of clothing, diy, easy recipes or yummy recipes worth the work in the kitchen, decoration....all that. I think the change is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) Yes yes yes! 2) All of those sounds like really great and exciting posts. I'm so excited to see what you come up with.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Georgina. I'm very happy with this change! I love lifestyle posts as much as beauty posts because it helps s get to know the person behind the blog. Personally I love cooking and baking and am renovating my house so home interior type posts would be awesome! Carly. X Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would definitely read these type of posts, it's nice to have some variation! I want to be a bit more varied on my blog too.
    Even if some people don't like it, at the end of the day it's your blog and you should write about what you want to :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds great! Always enjoy recipes to try and lifestyle posts.

    Ellen x | Being Ellen Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to see more lifestyle posts from you :) x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig