Wednesday 2 October 2013

A weekday haul

A few products hauled

Another week, another haul :)  Some weeks I just can't help myself!  I've been steering clear of Superdrug for a couple of weeks to avoid temptation, but today, I let myself pop in and pick up a couple of bits.  The main thing I was interested in was the BarryM Natural glow palette, I've seen a couple of bloggers mention this so was keen to see for myself, then when I was there, I of course picked up a couple of other bits, after all, I wouldn't want the palette to be all alone.

The BarryM natural glow palette
** The colours here are a teeny bit more washed out than in real life (mainly the blusher) as I'm using artificial light **

BarryM Natural glow palette
BarryM have released 3 different palettes, and to be honest, I'd have been happy with either of them. But this is the one I thought I'd get most use out of so thought it would be the most sensible to start with.  If I like this, I might buy the other two :)  This palette comes with 6 eyeshadows, and a pastel pink blush (that looks very pretty!).

Collection lasting perfection foundation in Ivory
Seeing how much I love the lasting perfection concealer, I thought this would be worth a try, especially as it was only £3.99!  I'll probably try this out tomorrow (today, I wrote this last night!).  One thing I really like about it is the quality packaging, a frosted glass bottle, and a pump.  It claims 16 hours wear and also contains SPF 20, I'll review it in the next couple/few weeks once I've decided if I like it or not and why :)

Collection eyeshadow pencil in hot chocolate
I've seen a lot of people rave about these so thought it was about time I tried one for myself to see what all the fuss was about, I can't remember exactly how much it was, but I think it was around the £2-3 mark.  They have a few shades available, I nearly went for the light beige shade, but thought I'd go for something a little darker instead.  I'm really into creme shadows at the moment as a base for my eye shadow, they make it last so much longer, so I hope this has the same effect.

L'Oreal illuminating powder in 01 Rose Boudoir
This was a bit of a disappointment - only because I thought it was a highlighter (very very shimmery on top) and it wasn't until I got back to the office, swatched it and realised the shimmer was just sprayed on the top, it's actually a matte product.  It claims to mattify, highlight and give a healthy radiant glow all in one - I will have to get rid of the shimmer on the top first if it's going to be an all over powder which is how I interpret it.  Despite it not being the product I thought it was, I'm still very excited to try it, although I was more excited when I thought it was a highlighter :P

Bourjois nail polishes in rouge escarpin and dangerous wish
First off, the red polish.  Now, I have an as extensive nail polish collection as the next blogger, but for some reason unbeknown to me, I don't own a red, I know, WTF is with that!?  Well, consider that rectified!  This is a very pretty shade, not too dark, not too bright, I can't wait to see what it's like on my nails :)

Then we have the other shade, which will be perfect for Halloween, a black nail varnish with green and holographic glitter of different shapes and sizes, it looks awesome and it's another one I can't wait to get on my nails!  At the moment I'm testing the new Sainsburys varnish I bought the other day, I'm waiting for it to chip but so far so good (put it on Sunday), I'll be reviewing that soon too.

So there you have it, a little haul that totalled just over £30, not too bad for 6 products if I do say so myself :)




This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. BarryM eye shadow palette looks great :) too bad we don't have BarryM here in Belgium :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purchases! I bought my first Barry M Nail Varnish the other day and love it!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost picked up a Barry M palette today, I think this was the one I liked the look of most though. You'll love the Collection eyeshadow pencil, Hot Chocolate is my favourite shade, I blend it with the pearly/beige one (forgotten its name) x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  4. The palette looks amazing! Cant wait to see a full review! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I saw this post, the barry m pallet looks amazing! Definitely going to have to give it a go!x

    zoeyinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very nearly got the Glamour Puss Palette yesterday, but decided I wanted to try the Loreal CC cream more! still tempted though...however I'm on the hunt for the MUA Glamour Days Palette at the mo, to go with my Glamour Nights!

    http://princessofpretty.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the barry m palettes to see if they match the greatness of my MUA ones! I really love the colours in the bourjois so laque collection however for me they chip so easily!

    Livvy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous! I want everything, that Barry M palette is perf. The powder has gone straight on the wish list.

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig