Tuesday 11 June 2013

Guest writer - Beauty Bird | Sleep easy pamper

Today's guest post is from the lovely Beauty Bird and it's all about a sleep easy pampering :)

Do you sometimes have those days, weeks or even months where you just feel stressed and tired from work, school or from issues going on in your personal life? I know I do. Whenever I’m stressed out I find it really hard to sleep, which stresses me out even more… a very vicious cycle! I thought I’d share with you my “Sleep Easy Pamper”, which really helps me to switch off from the events of the day and treat myself to some me time. I can be really neglectful of myself sometimes – other things tend to take higher priority.

Products to help you sleep

The one thing that is guaranteed to relax me is a good, old bubble bath. I don’t have a long soak in the tub very often, so it’s a real treat for me! I tend to reach for Soap and Glory Calm One, Calm All bubble bath, which is described as “a stress-battling, softening bubble bath”. The formula is thick, creamy and luxurious, with built in moisturiser and the lovely Soap and Glory fragrance. Alternatively, Lush’s The Comforter Bubble Bar is another bathing beauty; it has a gorgeous berry scent and plus, who can resist a pink bath?! Once the bath is running I’ll light a candle, such as the beautifully scented Shearer Candle in Lavender and Neroli and pop on a face mask. I’m currently in love with the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey face mask, which is super hydrating but thanks to the honey, is great for blemishes too. I prefer not to use too many other products and just simply lie back and relax, but when I do I’ll reach for The Body Shop Divine Calm Heavenly Shower Gel, which contains soothing lavender and chamomile essential oils.


Text saying Sleep Easy

Once I’m out of the bath, I’ll pour myself a cup of Clipper Organic Sleep Easy Infusion. I absolutely love this tea! It helps promote and maintain a healthy sleep, containing cinnamon, chamomile, rooibos, lemon balm and valerian root, with natural orange flavouring. I love the taste and within the hour I feel seriously sleepy – I highly recommend! Armed with my drink, I’ll snuggle up with a good book. I’m currently reading Shopping, Seduction and Mr Selfridge- which is essentially a biography of his life- after loving the TV series. I find that reading really transports me somewhere else, but if I still happen to have any nagging thoughts whirring around in my brain I’ll get out my notepad. Writing down my thoughts is so therapeutic; I try and imagine the thoughts floating out of my brain and onto the paper. Sounds a little silly, but it really works and helps to clear my mind!

Finally, if I feel I need to, I’ll rub a little of the 100% natural Badger Sleep Balm onto my temples and wrists. I find the lavender and bergamot scent really soothing and relaxing… zzzzzzzz!

Do you have a routine for a Sleep Easy Pamper? I’d love to hear it!

Beauty Bird xx

n.b. Thank you so much to the lovely Beauty Bird for writing this post for me, be sure to check out her blog here.






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Shang from The Feminine Crusade

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ohh I think I will try some of those tips I always struggle with sleep! please follow me back www.corynleebeauty.blogspot.com.au

    Coryn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work for you :-) Thank you for commenting! xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I want to try that facemask xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, makes my skin look so nourished! Smells delicious too xx

      Delete
  3. I'm stressed from school and work at the minute lol, worst of both worlds :( This post was really helpful, definitely need to get my hands on the face mask, heard great things

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin



    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not good :-( I hope things get better soon- so glad you found this helpful! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig