Tuesday 18 June 2013

June 2013 Birchbox

I'm sure by now you've sussed out that I'm a big fan of Birchbox.  I wasn't sure what to make of their redesign as I really liked their old one, so I've been patiently waiting for my little box to turn up on my doorstep - I couldn't not take a sneek peek at other bloggers first to see what they received though :)



What I got

Beauty Protector - this little strange bottle (rubbery and squeezy!) is a leave in conditioner.  On the back of the bottle the product claims to detangle, heat protect, UV protection, seals cuticles, smoothes hair, locks in colour, adds shine, makes your hair weightless, non-greasy and conditions.  Who knows if it does actually do all this, but watch this space to see what I think :)  The full size is £15.

Color Club nail polish - I received the shade 'London Calling' - best way I can describe that is as pistachio green :)  Birchbox were sweeties too and included an extra one to give to a friend.  I'm not sure if everyone got two of the same colour - but I did :)  I have opened up the polish to see what the wand/brush was like - it's long and thin similar to the BarryM ones.  The full size is £10.

Green People sun lotion - they claim that this is a natural SPF lotion suitable for sensitive skin (even eczema & psoriasis).  It has a tan accelerator in it and contains SPF15.  The full size is £17.95.

ModelCo eye pencil - I had the colour black.  It comes with a sharpener in the lid and claims to be highly pigmented.  I swatched it on the back of my hand and it definitely was!  It seemed really creamy too - perfect for blending out under the eye for a deep smokey look.

Carole Franck Phyto-Hydrant - this is a 10ml sample.  They say it's a lightweight moisturiser with potassium and fruit lipids.  It's a non greasy formula which you can use instead of primer.  The full size is £47.25

So that's what was in my June Birchbox - what did you get in yours?






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Shang from The Feminine Crusade

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I'm so jealous of the polishes, I've seen all of the shades and they look fab. I got the model co eyeliner with a magazine, I'm super impressed with it x

    Amy / srslylou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get GlossyBox, have you tried that? How does it compare to BirchBox?

    T xx

    http://thethingsusgirlsdo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toni, Yep - used to subscribe to Glossy Box - but didn't like all the perfume samples in them, and for me the boxes just weren't up to it. I never got colours or anything tailored to my profile so decided to quite and go to she said instead. Subb'd to them from their 2nd box until their last (cancelled it the day before they announced they were getting rid of it :P) - Been with Birchbox since and love it!

      Delete
  3. Green People are a fab natural company. They have some really great products :)
    The nail polish looks like a lovely shade!

    Ria x
    NatuRiaBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the look of this box xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like an awesome box! I really like that pencil eyeliners are coming with sharpeners in their caps. It's so useful.

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great box! The nail polish looks like a gorgeous colour.
    I'd love to see a review of the Green People suncream - I really struggle to find ones that don't make my eczema flare up!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im not subscribed to any beauty boxes, i did think about it for a while.. but i just haven't got the money to afford it, saying that though.. i can not wait to see that colour on your nails, it looks really good for summer.. and im also excited to hear how the leave in conditioner works, as that is a lot of things its promising! :) haha

    Ana
    xx
    www.weallthinkdifferently.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really love that nail polish colour.

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig