Tuesday 4 June 2013

My first China Glaze polishes

Back a few weeks ago I was contacted by a site called Beyond Polish to see if I'd like to try some of the polishes they have to offer.  Since they had a bunch of polishes I'd not tried and they delivered to the UK (from America) I thought I'd give it/them a go :)

This is part 1 of a 2 part post, this part is all about China Glaze :)











** probably should have said this is an image heavy post **
:)

My Thoughts

Wow that was a lot of photo's!  Excuse any dodgy or messy nail painting!  So, my first China Glaze polishes, what did I think?  Well, first off the 'Son of a Peach' - now the camera really doesn't pick up just how fluorescent and neon this shade is! It's like colouring in your nails with an orange highlighter :)  For both Son of a Peach and Too yacht to handle the first coat is very streaky.  But, if you apply a fairly thick 2nd coat they look near perfect.  They last pretty well, about 2-3 days on fairly weak nails (aka mine!).  The surprise was the holographic shade 'When stars collide' - only one coat needed for this badboy, didn't both to do 2 coats as 1 was enough!

So, I was a little disappointed at how streaky one coat was of the other two, but given that they looked great with 2 coats that made up for it :)  They all lasted well and looked super pretty on the nails :)  Now, here's the bit I really like.  As I said at the top, they're from an American site and as you can imagine shipping isn't cheap ($18), however, the nail polishes are so cheap, that even paying the shipping charge, it's still cheaper than buying them over here!  Once I'd made my picks, they were here in about 1 week.

I've also got 3 Zoya nail polishes of theirs to review (coming soon!).  You can pick up the China Glaze polishes on their site for under $5 each (lots are around the $3.50 mark) here.






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Shang from The Feminine Crusade

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ooh I love sun of a peach! I'm going to America this summer will have to pick some up cheap over there! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love When Stars Collide, pretty colour xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this make, but I love all these colours!

    Charlotte xx
    flowersinthewateringcan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last colour! And thanks again for last night hard work! So please with the pictures

    Daisy Dayz
    Enter my giveaway to win one of 2 great books

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are gorgeous!

    Great post :)

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such fab colours, I love the green one most, so trendy and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig