Thursday 13 June 2013

Guest writer - Some sparkle and sunshine

If I could only hold onto one item from my makeup collection, it would have to be mascara. It does so much for my stubby, blonde lashes that I just wouldn't be without it.



Because of my love for the stuff, I have quite the collection. Some are terrible, some are okay but there a few stand outs in there and I wanted to share those with you today.  So, without further or do (and in no particular order), I give you my top 5 mascaras at the moment.

1. Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara, £7.99



The mega plush mascara is the newest offering from Maybelline, and it's a good one! The bristle wand captures all the lashes when you apply it, and you can really work the mascara from root to tip. It's buildable, long lasting and great for the top and bottom lashes. The first coat gives a more natural look while the another coat or two really gives the lashes some omph for a more dramatic look.  

2. B. Loud High Volume Mascara, £9.99

The B. Loud High Volume Mascara* is a lovely 'tube' mascara. It's a lovely deep black colour and in just one coat it gives me well coated lashes. The huge wand can be a little intimidating at first, and it's not ideal for the bottom lashes, but it does mean you can apply it quickly and build up volume easily. It does need a good two coats to really give your lashes a boost, but it lasts all day after application without smudging. It's easy to remove with just some water and a cotton pad.

3. Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara, £6.29


The Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara is fast becoming a favourite of many people. It's a dupe for the Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara, and it's cheap too. The spoon shaped, plastic wand is great for coating all the lashes without clumping.  It lasts ages on my lashes, and holds a curl really well.

4. Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara, £22

I adore this mascara. It's  one of the few mascaras that I've ever repurchased, and I can't see me being without it any time soon. It does everything I want a mascara to do and more. It lengthens, curls (and hold it) and volumises my lashes. It lasts all day without any smudging or flaking, but in-spite of the long wearing properties, it's easy to take off at the end of the day.

5. MUA Waterproof Mascara, £1



The MUA Waterproof Mascara is my favourite bargain mascara. I'm not going to lie and say it's the best thing since sliced bread but for only £1 it's pretty close. It's a beautiful lengthening formula, with small fibers to lengthen lashes even more. It takes a few coats to get volume, but it dries quickly on the lashes so it's quick to build up coats. It's a decent waterproof formula, and lasts up well through some tears and the rain.The simple wand and no frills packaging means it's not the pretties thing out there but the formula is better than some of the more expensive mascara so it's 100% worth a try if you can get your hands on it.

My Links: 

My Blog: http://www.somesparkleandshine.blogspot.com
Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/sparkleandshine






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Shang from The Feminine Crusade

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I haven't heard that much people talk about the mega plump mascara and I don't understand? It's such an amazing mascara! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an MUA mascara that I think is really good. It is in pink packaging and it around £3 I think - it is honestly one of the best mascaras I have tried in a while!
    I need to try that Seventeen one now
    Great Post


    www.strictlyhighstreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the process of reviewing about 20 different mascara formulas for my blog, and this is the latest one I've fallen in love with- The Balm What's Your Type Mascara! It's awesome! http://facesbysam.blogspot.com/2013/06/product-review-balm-whats-your-type.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Lancome one & it's amazing! I love it!

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig