Sunday 23 June 2013

Molecule 01

If you're reading this, there's a good chance you're familiar with Fleur de Force and Gemsmaquillage.  These are the people responsible for me knowing what Molecule 01 is.  So when I was approached by Cult Beauty to see if I'd like to review a bottle, I jumped at the chance :)



They say "Escentric Molecules' Molecule 01 is created solely from the aroma-chemical Iso E Super, traditionally a perfume basenote that adds allure to a scent, which works as more of an effect than a fragrance. The scent has a subtle, velvety, woody note which will meld with your natural pheromones, vanish, then re-surface after some time, making it totally individual and personalised to the wearer. You will rarely smell this fragrance on yourself, Molecule 01 perfume is more about the effect it has on others."



My Thoughts

This has been one of the most exciting things to land on my door mat.  I may have squealed a little as I ripped open the packaging to reveal this little beauty waiting for me.

Developed by Escentric Molecules, this little bottle of fragrance is made up of one ingredient, Iso E Super.  Iso E Super has a sort of woody/musky scent when you first spray it, then after a couple of minutes you won't really smell it again, apart from the odd whiff during the day.

One thing I really did notice is how many compliments from people I have when wearing this (they were all from women!).  I had so many people say 'you smell lovely' or 'what perfume are you wearing' and they all seemed to really like it.  My husband wasn't as keen, but he's the only person I met who didn't like it :)  The molecule is supposed to react with your pheromones to create a unique scent, but a scent that only others will smell on you.  I asked my friends to describe it, some said floral and some said sweet, but they all liked it :)

If you're interested in picking this up, Cult Beauty were one of the first places to start selling this - the size I received was the travel size (about £27), you can pick up the full size for £65.50 on their site here.

All in all I really like this fragrance, and who doesn't like getting lots of compliments :)  Have you tried Molecule 01?






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Shang from The Feminine Crusade

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I've never heard of this but it sounds so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This always intrigues me! I must pop into a department store and give it a sniff before i buy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting! I desperately want to give it a go... I'm torn though because I like to use perfumes that I like the smell of and to able to smell!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds really interesting! It's so intriguing how it smells differently to other people, definitely gonna have a look at the travel size :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this before & am super intrigued by it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this :) Will be reviewing it soon xo

    www.tattooedtealady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have wanted to try this for such a long time! Need to bite the bullet and just buy it! xx

    Heels forever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have never heard of this yet it sounds immense, another for the list xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great perfume!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was intrigued with this perfume after one of Fleur's videos. Something I'd like to give a go at some point.

    Ellen x | Being Ellen Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this on Fleur's video as well... what a cool concept!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  12. That perfume smells so great!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I reallly want to try this! Need to borrow it from someone else first though because I'm terrified incase I smell awful haha! I've always read how amazing this is though, so tempted to just take the plunge with it!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to try this so bad! It's really interesting the fact that it changes depending on the person.

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig