Wednesday 25 July 2012

Strictly Eye Liners

Hey everyone!  How are you all today?  I'm fine, thanks for asking :)

So, this is a bit of a late post, in that I bought these Christmas 2011.  Only today when I took them out to photograph and swatch them did I really have a good look at them and think, you know what, these are pretty decent.  I bought them from Boots and it was actually in the January (2012) I bought them when they were trying to clear all the old stock. Now, I've had a look on the Boots website, and I don't think they're selling them any more - so I'm sorry to do yet another post of a discontinued item :(  But, I still wanted to share them with you :)  Photos and review below :)



These are my favourites of the collection, possibly becuase the items I can see myself using the most.  The plum colour liquid eye liner is stunning, in fact, they all are :)  To get that nice amount of glitter below, that was 4 heavy coats of glitter, allowing it to try between each application first.  But it's nice to see there are 3 ways to wear them - alone, both or just glitter.  I prefer them alone or with glitter :)





These are really thick and creamy - that might have been something to do with being photographed in a roasting hot conservatory though ;)  Either way, beautiful colours, the idea with these is to use them as a cream eye shadow, or as a highly blended eye liner for your upper lash line.  Now, my eyes crease like crazy so these aren't great on me, but if you don't have massively hooded/oily eyes I'm sure they'd be great :)





I love the colours of these, well, the light one - the other is just a standard black.  But, the light one, I'm not sure I'd ever use, I just can't carry off colours this light.  Maybe if I had darker skin I could, but as it stands, as pretty as it is, I can't use it, just too light.




To see the mascara, it's the the pic at the top :)  It's pretty decent, but likes to clump, so it was a challenge to get it as good as I did, not easy. Not the best wand, but I've used worse :)


Whoa, a lot of photos!  Did any of you pick these up at Christmas time?  What did you think?

Pixi3 out
xXx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the way you did your swatches, they glitters look so pretty layered up!

    Great blog, i'm now following!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'll give your blog a check later when I'm at home :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig