Wednesday 18 July 2012

Project 10 Pan - Final Update

Hey everyone!  How are you all this fine day?



So this is my final update of the adventure that has been Project 10 Pan.  First off, and I'm going to swear, so if you don't like swearing, please look away now and put your fingers in your ears, and I say this with great passion, I vehemently hate,  Estee Lauder Double Wear.  There, I said it!  I finally finished it, and oh my god, how I didn't throw it in the bin/out the window/down the sink I'll never know.  Here's why I hated it.

1.  It made my skin look like I'd pasted it on with a trowl.
2.  It took forever to remove, because it's like cement.
3.  It needed loads of maintenance, smoothing it over throughout the day as it cracked on my skin.
4.  All of the above!

It's a fair assumption that I won't be buying it again.  In fact, I was so pleased today when I finished it, that at lunch time when I was at work, I went out bought makeup remover wipes, and a new foundation, so I could take it off and put something else on... yes, that's right, I failed project 10 pan, and it doesn't stop there.

I failed so spectacularly!  I bought 7 things!!!  I couldn't stop myself, it's like I opened the floodgates after not buying any new makeup in so long!

Project 10 Pan Summary

Overall, I finished 6 of the 10 items, not too shabby, but yeah, I should have finished them all.  But you know what?  I'm relieved... I've learnt a lot from doing this and I'm not too ashamed to hold my head up high and be proud that I went well... a month - six weeks without buying makeup :)  I think the main thing I learnt from this was not to rush into it.  When I decided to do it, I was so excited I literally ran to my collection and picked out 10 items I wanted to finish.  I didn't really think about the fact that all the items should have been ones that were nearly finished already... this could have literally taken me a year to finish, there is so much blusher and concealer left, they'll take me ages to finish.  So I'm glad I knocked it on the head when I did.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After (not really any different!)

Before

After (you can't really tell it's empty, but by god it is!)

This green eyeshadow I swapped out for 'Mauie Wowie' below

Mauie Wowie

All mascara's finished, yay!

Yes some of you may think I'm pathetic, but that's fine, for me, this experience was a lot about learning and knowing what to do next time when I do it.  So, there will be a next time and when it comes to it, I'll spend more time picking items and thinking about it, planning etc :)

I also learnt a lot about my preferences, it's like when I did the atikins diet a few years ago (I'm vegetarian now!), after a few weeks I was desperately craving fruit and salad, it took not having them to make me realise how much I wanted / needed them.  It's kinda the same with the project, I learnt that I hate, with a passion, Double Wear, I learnt that I really like neutrals for eye shadows, wearing green is long behind me (and I mean, wearing green every day like i used to).  Doing a project 10 pan is a really great way to learn what you like and don't like, because when you start wearing the same makeup every day (to use it up), you'll soon start to love or hate it <3

I hope you've enjoyed this rather wordy post, sorry it's so long but I had a lot I wanted to say.  I hope you enjoyed the before and after pics too :)

Have you done a project 10 pan before?  Did you last to the end or fail spectacularly like me?

Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Can I remove my fingers now? :P An interesting post. I'm impressed you kept up with something you hated xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). I really did hate it... But it's all behind me now :). It's such a relief!

      Delete
  2. I still say bravo for using what you have. One thing I learned when restricting myself was how much i disliked the items. I now just finish as I go. No actual rules other than "finish it, and finish it honestly". Makes it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I'm not the only one :) Yeah it really did help me realise the things I hate and the things I love :) Next time, I'll make sure to include versatile items and things I enjoy using :) And no blushers or concealers! They take forever to use!

      Delete
  3. I have a basic everyday makeup bag and only wander away from it when I'm going out for a night out/dinner and such things. Once a month I empty it and fill it with different products that way I don't get bored but I use things up. I also try to give myself a budget for the month and spend on goodies I can fill my bag with for the other month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a really good idea, I've started doing something kinda similar, I pick out the makeup the night before and put it in a box, that way when I'm half asleep in the morning I don't need to make any decisions :)

      Delete
  4. Every week I say I'm not going to buy any more makeup, but of course I fail spectacularly too! My coworker swears by Double Wear but I personally think it looks too heavy for young skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taken me a while to reply :) Yeah I agree, if you don't have terrible skin you don't need anything this heavy :)

      Delete
  5. I feel awful that you hated double wear when it was me who recommended it :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it :) I liked it to begin with :p It just didn't suit my skin :)

      Delete
  6. new follower!

    tobebioacaseofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig