Sunday 18 August 2013

Bobbi Brown colour corrector in Light Bisque

** The concealer was applied to the inner corner of my eye (where you'd highlight) and on my eye bag for the inner third, up until the blue/grey of my eye starts **

You know when you watch YouTube videos and read blogs, and loads of people are talking about this 'cult' product, but it's a bit expensive so you don't immediately rush out and buy it?  Well, that's what this was to me.  But, when I was in London for a blogger meetup a few weeks ago, I was in Liberties (for the first time!) and couldn't not buy anything from there, it would have been rude not to right?

Well, my friend and I seemed to end up at the Bobbi Brown counter where I have to say, we were served by a really lovely lady, so polite and helpful :)  I'd gone in asking for the creamy concealer, but as soon as I started talking about why I wanted it, both of us realised it was really the colour corrector I wanted as I wanted it to get rid of blue and red under my eyes.  I brought up my concern that now I have fine lines, cream concealers crease on me like nobody's business, she assured me that she'd never heard of creasing happening on Bobbi Brown cream concealers or colour correctors.  She matched me to light bisque, I handed over my £18.50 and moved on to & Other stories (more on that later).

The next morning I woke up in the hotel, and excitedly put my makeup on with my new purchases.  About 10 minutes after applying my makeup, I checked it in a mirror only to see that wouldn't you know it, yes it had creased, pretty badly under my eyes.  'Never happens' eh?  Either I'm a freak of nature or the lady that served me was a bit unrealistic on the products she was selling.  That's not to say I don't like it, quite the contrary, I just make sure I only put it where I need it, which is the inner corner and the innermost third of my eye bag, any further than that, I get creasing.

It does last well, and definitely corrects the blueness and redness.  Would I buy it again? Yes, because it does a good job, I'm just a realist and know that cream concealers aren't for people with fine lines.  If they release a liquid formula of this though, I'd switch straight away :)






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams



 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Thanks for the review :) Looks like a great product, shame it creased! :)

    Much love,
    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com
    @JLouiseArtist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have this too and I quite like it :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I've been using this corrector a long time and think it's one of the best, but yeah, the cremes all crease...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally think you don't need color correcting at all. Your eye looks just fine. But the concealer does look good. It's a shame it creased tho.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this but i do find even if you put the tiniest bit too much it will crease within minutess. Best under eye concealer ive ever tried though x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig