Tuesday 13 August 2013

August Birchbox

It's that time of the month again, no, not that, but Birchbox time, hurrah!  I'd completely and utterly forgotten that they were teaming up with InStyle magazine this month, so when this landed on my doorstop I was very excited.  I eagerly ripped open the packaging, unravelled the drawstring and rifled through to see what was in there.  This is what was in mine.
A picture of all the August Birchbox products

A side shot of lots of the products in the Birchbox

A swatch of the lip pencil

As you can see, there's a LOT in this box!  Seven products in total, five for the box, a lifestyle extra and a beauty extra.  Here's what was in mine with a little summary.

Bluemandarines - Skin cream - £35.00 for the full size
Apparently this is a light peptide face cream that can brighten and protect.  Use it twice a day, massaging it in after you've cleansed.

Montibel.lo - Gold oil - £22.50 for the full size
Argan and amber oil to help strengthen your hair and add shine.  Apply from the mid to ends of your hair (I'm really looking forward to trying this!).

Gerda Spillman - Face primer - £30.00 for the full size
They say this is a smoothing primer that will help your makeup last all day, apply it after moisturising and before foundation, just like any typical primer.

LAWA & Co - Lip pencil - £14.00 for the full size (InStyle pick)
They've classed this as a moisturising lip pencil that's suitable from day to night.  I had the shade 'Ring of Fire' ooh-err!  I swatched it on the back of my hand, very slightly sticky, very good pigmentation and felt quite glossy, not dry at all - will see what it's like actually on the lips though.  It's a really beautiful colour :)

Molton Brown - Body Wash - £18.00 for the full size (InStyle pick)
This is their new formulation in Ylang Ylang which is apparently 'deliciously scented' *gets bottle out and sniffs*, smells very pleasant, slightly floral and slightly spicy, I love that it's purple :)

Propercorn - lifestyle extra - 90p
Haven't tried this specific one (sour cream & chive) but I have tried them before and really like them, looking forward to trying this one!

Gel Mask - beauty extra - £10.00
This is a lovely extra to get, I've already put mine in the fridge ready to have a go of!  I will try it out one morning and do before and after photo's to see if they do help minimise my bags at all - anything that minimises them even a fraction will be a winner in my books!

So there you have it, that's what I received - overall I'm happy with this box, really looking forward to trying the lip pencil, argan oil and face primer out, oh and the gel mask, the other things I could take or leave, but even so I will try them and hopefully like them.

What did you get in your Birchbox?






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams

 



Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This looks pretty good, I love it when you have little extras! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great box! I LOOOOOOVE Molton Brown and any kind of face/hair masks. :)
    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really tempted to subscribe to Birchbox - this one alone is an amazing selection! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking this box even though most stuff are sample-sized. The selection is simply spot-on!

    Beauty By Telie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got good things to try out. Always nice to venture into the new.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lip pencil is a nice colour, would be interesting to find out what it is like on the lips x

    http://www.whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour of your lip pencil, mine was a pretty pale pink shade instead! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig