Thursday 15 August 2013

August haul

Yep, you read that right, I've been buying shizz again!  Yep, and I said shizz... you'd be surprised how much I say that in real life...

Anyway, in two days I've hauled twice, so I'll show you both hauls, here's the first one.



The lovely Fragrance Direct came to my office (DANGER!) and sold mostly perfume, this is when I tend to stock up and have done it this way over the last two years.  Most of my perfumes are nearing the end now so instead of replacing them all, I was a good girl and bought only one new one, and a little extra treat for my face!  I knew I wanted the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream too - and as I went to pick it up, I was steered in the direction of a set which was only a couple of pounds more, but included a lip protector and a small intensive daily moisturiser.

Well I used the skin protectant (the big tube) last night, it's like a really thick gel, felt strange on my face, but I did have very soft skin the next day and a couple of patches which had been itchy and threatening to break out (eczema) have disappeared!  We'll see what it's like longer term, but first impressions are good at least - now on the daily moisturiser!

So, today (by the time you'll be reading this, it'll be yesterday!) I popped into Superdrug, not intending to buy anything and walked out with a lot of products (and by walked out, I mean paid for at the till). Three of which were complete impulse buys, well... they all were.

Here's what I bought.




** Just showing these out of the packaging in reunited with 'Quenched' which I received ages ago in a makeup swap **

I was really undecided if I was going to purchase any of the Baby Lips, purely because I never really liked 'Quenched', the taste is just not nice, tastes like vaseline and that's not a taste I like, but they looked so pretty and colourful (and were conveniently placed at the till and on offer (3 for 2)) that I just had to have them!  Ok, well I didn't have to but I wanted them.  And, first impressions are I'm glad I bought them!  Wearing one of them now (Cherry Me - the orange one) and I really like it, tastes better and smells awesome!

Next up my NYC haul, I'd heard good things about their foundation and since it was on offer for £3.99 I couldn't say no, team that with the bronzer (not sure if this is the old 'sunny' bronzer), it's the lightest one they had and I fear it'll still be too dark, but will give it a go all the same, that was £2.99.  And to go with it, it would have been rude not to pick up an eye shadow quad right?  Well, I remember Emily Noel talking about their quads with the patchwork emboss and she really didn't like them, so I stuck to the normal quads and picked up a neutral one in the shade Picnic in Central Park (how cute!).  I've swatched them on the back of my hand and they look really beautiful, will be wearing all of this tomorrow!

Next up two other randoms.  A new girl at work has amazing eye liner and it looks beautifully matte, so on enquiring which one it was, it was this Collection Fast Stroke, it was on offer for £4 so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm not holding up any hope at all, you all know how oily my eye lids are and how nothing really tames them like my Chanel Ecriture, but I'll try it tomorrow, lets just hope by 2pm I don't have a black faded line transferred across my lid, that ain't pretty.  On my way to till I spotted this new Rimmel mascara too, let it be known, this is my first Rimmel mascara!  I know, terrible!  *slaps my wrists* It has a really odd wand, I'll show you when I do the full review, but I'll be giving this a road test tomorrow as well!

One of my favourite things about this haul (all the makeup, not the fragrance direct haul) is how cheap it all was, only just over £20 and for all that is really impressive! I mean, I have enough for a full face of makeup, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, bronzer, foundation, lip balm - awesome!

Wow, this may be one of the longest posts I've ever written!






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I've actually heard a lot of good things about the fast stroke eyeliner. I'll have to give it a go. Although at the moment I'm using the MUA one and I'm so impressed at the quality.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't so keen on the MUA one, I found the brush to be too hard and not black enough for me. The fast stroke one is pretty amazing - it doesn't transfer on to my lid, which makes it the first high street one to do that, it's a confirmed dupe for my £26 Chanel one :) I'll be doing a blog post about that too :P

      Delete
  2. This is a great haul, I used to love that perfume xx


    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a new one, it's not a touch of pink it's love of pink, which is a slightly different scent. I definitely prefer a touch of pink :D

      Delete
  3. Great post! Looking forward to what you've got to say on all of it, especially the fast stroke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Looking forward to what you've got to say on all of it, especially the fast stroke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul, I like the look of the NYC eyeshadow

    I love a bargain haul, really satisfying when you get lots for your money :)

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah I was amazed how much I bought for just over £20 and a lot of it I like too :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh great haul, such a bargain!! Got to love a 3 for 2! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig