Thursday 22 August 2013

Chanel superstition autumn 2013 collection haul

3 Chanel boxed products (makeup) purchased from their Autumn 2013 collection

3 Chanel products purchased (eyeshadow quad, single eyeshadow & a creme blusher)

The Chanel creme blusher in Revelation

The Chanel Revelation creme blusher swatched on my finger

A swatch of the Chanel creme blusher in their Autumn 2013 collection in Revelation

Chanel Gri Gri from their Autumn 2013 collection

A swatch of the Chanel single eyeshadow in Gri Gri from their Autumn collection

The Chanel Mystere quad from the Autumn 2013 collection
 ** You'll have to excuse my camera, when I use HD mode, it sometimes picks up light strangely, hence the lightest colour in the palette looks a bit odd in this picture **

Swatches of the Chanel Mystere quad

So yesterday I blogged about my September wishlist, which featured a Chanel creme blush, Bioderma and an Estee Lauder Gelee blusher.  Well, a couple of hours after this went live I'd had a couple of tweets that the Gelee blushers were limited edition and pretty much sold out everywhere.  With that thought I scarpered out at lunchtime to Boots in search of the Gelee blush, and as you might imagine, since it launched in May, they were completely sold out and had been for some time.

With that thought, my mind wandered to the Chanel autumn creme blush that was also on my wishlist and how that was also limited edition.  Not wanting to miss out on both I headed to the Chanel counter to peruse their autumn line up.  Oh, my, god, it's beautiful!  Deep deep greens that are almost black, deep dark greys and sparkling neutrals.  Then there's the creme blushers, the shade I wanted was 'Fantastic', but when I swatched the tiniest amount, I was actually put off it by how crazily pigmented it was, too dark for me.  So I turned my attention to the lighter shades and finally found one I thought would be really wareable and pretty, 'Revelation'.  It actually reminds me of my favourite Chanel powder blush 'Orchid Rose', but in a creme formula, this I'm excited about!  What's more, by the time you're reading this, I'll already be wearing it for the first time, whoop!

After seeing Sophie Meloa's Chanel haul the single eye shadow in Gri Gri also caught my eye.  In her photo I had thought it was similar to Fauve, but when you see it in real life, its not like it at all.  Fauve has, surprise surprise, mauve in it, whereas Gri Gri is more like a soft sparkling neutral that will look so pretty in the autumn, especially when teamed up with the autumn quad I purchased!  Yep, I also picked up the Mystere quad!  To look at in the palette, it doesn't look overly amazing, apart from the top left shade (deepest greeny black with gold glitter), but when you swatch them they transform to the prettiest eye shadows.  I only intended on picking up the creme blush, but when I saw Gri Gri too, I had to have it, then the quad... well, I couldn't decide, so I thought, I'm having it all!  And, even though I was spending £88 there, the cheeky mare on the till tried to sell me a nail polish and eyeliner from the collection, doesn't she think I spent enough!

So there you have it, one little innocent blog post yesterday, turned into me spending £88 at Chanel, and you know what? I don't regret it for one second.  Chanel is by far my favourite makeup brand and has been for the last 10 years, the quality is outstanding of both the product and the packaging, you really do get what you pay for.






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams


 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Nice haul. Chanel Makeup is my only affordable luxury of theirs so I say just treat yourself. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely goodies!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chanel makeup they have the best quality products and the packaging is always classic!
    The only thing i would say is the blushers look rather heavy and would pull your makeup off?

    Lovely blog, would love you to follow mine back.

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frankie, they're actually not heavy like that at all, I applied mine with a real techniques stippling brush and it applied beautifully :)

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing.. could you an FOTD with the eyeshadow palette? Don't you hate it when you lose out on a limited edition?!
    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course :) I'll be doing reviews of them soon - keep an eye on my Instagram (twinklinpixi3) for FOTD though, that's where they live :)

      Delete
  5. Wow amazing purcahses, I was checking out the new Cream Blushers yesterday but I just picked up the new Volume Mascara to try!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing haul! The packaging of Chanel products are always so cute +.+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, I'm such a sucker for them! Chanel has always been a staple in my makeup bag - and in fact, before I started blogging and YouTubing, I pretty much only wore Chanel, with a couple of pieces of Urban Decay, but I didn't have a big collection, it all fitted into one small makeup bag, can you believe that!? Now it takes over half my desk and 3 of my drawers! Insane!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Chanel hauls are the best! Loooove the bits you picked up. The creme blushes look amazing, definitely need to check those out soon!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) The blushers are stunning - that bright purple one that I had my eye on though, so so so crazily pigmented, there's no way I could have pulled that off!

      Delete
  8. These all look absolutely stunning! the blush is really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the blush, it's really pretty :)

      Delete
  9. The blush looks incredible! Now I want it. Haha.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty :) And, in my opinion, not too crazy expensive considering it's Chanel, only £27 - the stripy blush in their Spring collection was like £44 - so so so expensive!

      Delete
  10. We got the same blush!!!!! Yay!!!
    Xoxo
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blush! Gri Gri is totally my kind of color! :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig