Saturday 17 August 2013

Youngblood cosmetics

You may or may not have heard of them, I first discovered them on The Black Pearl's blog (one of my top reads!).  The products looked amazing, high quality, free from talc & perfume and cruelty free.  So when I was asked if I'd like to try a couple of their products, I was very, very excited!  After browsing through their catalogue, I'd amassed quite a wish list as you can imagine!  If you want to see what I've been trying out, and what I thought of them, then keep reading :)

Youngblood mascara in Blackout

The packaging is one of my favourite things about this, it's made of metal not plastic, which instantly makes it feel high quality.  The wand is the kind I like, not big and fluffy but smaller and precise.  It coats the lashes really well and doesn't really clump - if it does just keep brushing the wand through and they'll un-clump.  I like that it has a really solid base too, it can stand up and not feel wobbly, I know that seems like a silly thing, but when you take lots of blog photos of things, it's little touches like that, that make my life easier.  As for how durable it is, it's really good, I don't really get any flaking or fallout until it's been on for a good 10-12 hours and even then it's only a little bit.  The only mascara I've ever encountered that's not done that is my Maybelline Rocket Volum.

Now, volume and length.  I think it's fair to say, it adds a nice amount of volume (look at my pic of nude lashes, compared with 2 coats and look at the lashes in the distance - there's a definite difference).  It holds a curl really well and gives my lashes a natural amount of volume.  With this, you're not going to get 'false lash effect', but you will get very pretty lashes.  Personally this is what I opted for during the day, I prefer Illamasqua Masquara for evenings as it adds a LOT of volume.

Where to buy: Online
Cost: £19
Would I recommend: Yes


Youngblood lipstick in Tangello
** First lip pic is just applied with a lip brush, and second lip pic is applied from the bullet **

I thought I'd go a little out of my comfort zone here and pick a coral orange colour, not something I'd typically opt for.  However, I do really like it!  Just like the mascara, the packaging is made of metal and feels lovely.  The pigmentation of the lipstick is really nice, it's not too over the top which isn't what I'd want from such an orangy lipstick.  Personally, I prefer it applied with a lip brush, but I do with most lip products, I also find they last better when applied that way too.

This would last a good couple of hours without needing to be topped up, that's with typical chatting and drinking coffee/tea.  The formula is lovely, a bit buttery and hydrating but without being too shiny and glossy which some can be when they're very hydrating.  The colour is really pretty, I'm really glad I tried something different, I think this will make a lovely addition to my out of control collection :)

Where to buy: Online
Cost: £14, so a little cheaper than a MAC lipstick and equals in quality
Would I recommend: Definitely

All in all I really like these products, as a brand I'd definitely recommend them to others.  Their prices are quite high, and for that I would expect there not to be things in them like phenoxyethanol (which is in the mascara) which is a faux paraben.  But I like that there's no talc or perfume in them.  Clearly they're priced at a high end market, and I think the quality matches that too.  They're lovely products and I'm looking forward to trying more from them.








This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams



 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Love what that mascara did for your eyes! xo

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh love the mascara! Want to try it now :)
    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say I've heard of Youngblood before, but I am always on the look for new mascaras, and I love the look of this! Really lengthens well.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent heard of Youngblood but I do love the lip colour xx

    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of that mascara! Ive never even heard of Youngblood cosmetics before x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These products look great, I also really like that they are cruelty free. The lipsticks both look lovely on you.

    Lyndsay xx | Fizzy Peaches ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mascara makes your lashes look fab. I've heard of Youngblood as I discovered them on my hunt for a talc free pressed powder awhile back. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig