Friday 30 August 2013

My favourite lip crayons

When the Clinique chubby sticks first hit the market there was quite a lot of excitement about them, they were different - they were in a pen format, but they were essentially a tinted lip balm, and they didn't need a pencil sharpener.  Jumping on the bandwagon I ran out and picked up two - pudgey peony (more for the name than anything else!) and mighty mimosa.  From there all different brands started launching their versions, most recently Rimmel.  I don't have a big collection of these, but I do have a few, so here are my favourites :)

Three lip crayons from Clinique, Bourjois & Revlon

The three lip crayons from the top

The three lip crayons swatched on the back of my hand
 ** L-R Clinique chubby stick mighty mimosa, Bourjois colour boost in Orange punch, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in Honey **

A close up of the 3 lip crayons

The different lip crayons on my lips

Everyone's different, but on my lips I prefer to either have no colour at all, or bold colour with a bright or dark lipstick, I seldom go for a tinted lip balm, so when I do, I go for a small amount of colour, if the product is sheer, that's a bonus.  For me, the Clinique Chubby Stick in Mighty mimosa is the most wearable colour of all these, it's a bit of a 'your lips but better' shade, but keeping them hydrated at the same time.  The Bourjois Colour Boost is probably my second favourite, a bit more colour than I'd normally go for, but it's just so pretty!  Despite the orange packaging, on me at least it doesn't really come out like that.  It's probably the glossiest of the three, but arguably the prettiest too.  Then there's the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (seriously Revlon, think of a longer name next time!), now this one is slightly different to the others, it has a minty scent which doubles up as a slight plumping agent.  I can't say it makes any noticeable difference but it is a pretty colour and does look nice on, it's slightly glossy too.

The chubby stick is probably the driest of the three, if you're looking for hydration more than colour I'd recommend the Bourjois Colour Boost, then the Revlon Just Bitten.  All three are lovely, totally wearable everyday shades and will help keep your lips free of dry skin.  The question is, which is your favourite?




This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams

 
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. All three shades are gorgeous! The chubby stick colour is perfect for everyday wear, I'll have to keep a look out for it :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really pretty aren't they :) Yeah they chubby stick is perfect for daily wear and it not look too 'ermergherd'!

      Delete
  2. I love lip crayons they are so easy to use which is great when I'm in a hurry. I haven't tried the Bourjois ones but I really like the Revlon ones x

    Prettylittlefashionista 

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving those.

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the revlon one! Love it and lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bourjois is my favourite.. :) I do own a few of the Revlon ones which are nice too but not as hydrating as the Bourjois ones. Never tried the Clinique. lovely post as usual :)

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bourjois one is brilliant :)

      Thanks Shruti :)

      Delete
  6. I have the Revlon and Clinique ones and theyre my favourite ones for everyday wear! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great :) I'd really recommend the Bourjois ones too :)

      Delete
  7. I actually love the Chubby Sticks too and going to pick up some of the Bourjois offerings very soon ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chubby sticks are great, I'm not sure I'd like the new ones though, they're a bit too pigmented for me :P

      Delete
  8. I have Honey and love it! Mighty Mimosa looks gorgeous on you :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey is lovely, I love the scent of it too :) Thanks :D

      Delete
  9. I am in love with these things. I wanna try those bourjois ones really bad!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig