Sunday 11 August 2013

Benefayre Cardiff

The outside of the Benefayre

Benefit cosmetics are doing a bit of a roadshow with their Benefayre whilst raising money for the amazing charity Refuge.

Refuge are a charity against domestic violence with women and children.   They offer help for women & children from different ethnic backgrounds suffering from domestic violence, they offer emotional and practical support in their refuges across the UK.  You can find out more about them here.

Benefit tokens
Here's the lovely tokens you use to play the games with (they feel like poker chips!) 

A pink fountain with plastic ducks in
Here, you pick a number between 1 and 6, and you get 3 attempts to pick a duck with your number to win a prize 

A cute table with prizes on it
Some of the lovely prizes up for grabs :) 

A Hello Flawless banner
Cute pillar of Hello Flawless :)  (also note the astro turf) 

The Hello Flawless tent
 You got 3 balls to know a stack of these over
The They're Real tent
You had to get rubber rings over these bad boys (the mascara wand, not her boobs!)

Photo's of my husband and I
Some photobooth shots :)

My hubby finally came back from his summer school on Friday afternoon, so instead of blogging, we've spent the last couple of days spending some quality time together (he's actually mostly been poorly, but starting to feel better now).  As he was feeling a little better, he drove me into town to come to the Benefayre with me.  If you're not sure what Benefayre is, it's like a old style fayre but makeup-ified!  So, instead of coconut shy's you have to knock lemons over, or hello flawless, or get rings around giant mascara wands.  Each game costs 1 token, and each token is £1.  If you want to get your makeup done, that's 2 tokens.

We had a go at everything other than having my makeup done, as we didn't want to spend too much time out as Chris is still feeling a little iffy.  Here's what I came home with...

A collection of prizes
Mini size Porefessional, Cha Cha tint, They're Real and Bad Gal lash.  A full size Stay Flawless mirror and a beautiful Porefessional umbrella!  How awesome!  Also we were given a couple bottles of Little Miracles green tea organic energy drink (which are super yummy!), and I've included our photobooth picture in the pic too :)

4 mini Benefit products
The mini's out of their packaging - perfect travel size (and I like that 'They're Real' has the same wand as the full size version)

I also took the opportunity to make a cheeky purchase or two of my own - one is quite random, sorry!

A pic of 2 purchases, Watts Up and a Chai latte
 Benefit 'Watt's Up' a cream highlighter which is seriously beautiful! And from Wally's Delicatessen I picked up my first Chai latte in Vanilla - had a cup while writing this and love it!  I'm converted!

My face with Watts Up on my cheekbones
This i with Watt's Up on the cheekbone, you can see it's a really pretty shimmer :) Excuse the state of my brows!  The camera makes them look more messy than they do in real life :)

All in all I had great fun, it's a shame I didn't see any other local bloggers there, but I think they all went along on the Saturday.  If you get the chance to visit a Benefayre make sure you do, you'll love it!






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams

 


Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. That event is super cute! Love the pictures and thanks for sharing :)

    The Watt's up looks gorgeous!


    -Chrissy of Crashbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The Watt's Up is love at first sight! A girl at work brought it in on Thursday to show to me, she's such an enabler!

      Delete
  2. I really want to get my hands on some Drink Me, its what Cafe Nero to make their Chai Latte :) the Benefayre looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll definitely have to go to Cafe Nero for that then (like I wouldn't anyway!)

      Delete
  3. Ooh that looks like so much fun :) Watts Up looks great!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds like so much fun! Do you know if it is coming to London, or has it already been?

    Colour Shimmer Sparkle

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bree, according to their site, Cardiff was the last stop :(

      http://www.benefayre.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I'd love to go to one of these x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fun! The pink fountain is super cute!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the fountain was super cute, the whole event was a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  7. These look like so much fun! Wish I could go to one!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good, I am gutted however Cardiff was the last stop! I've been dying to try Watts Up.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a short tour (just 4 stops according to their site), but I can imagine it was very expensive for them to do. I'm really liking Watts Up, I'll probably do a full blog post on it in the next few weeks :)

      Delete
  9. Benefit is my favorite brand! This looks like so much fun! They're Real! Is the best mascara ever! xx RenaKiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was loads of fun :) Actually, in the picture where I'm showing the Watts Up, I'm wearing 'They're Real' on my lashes :)

      Delete
  10. Woah this looks awesome and the minis are so cute!! Benefit is such a great brand, I swear by their mascara :)

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the mini's are great, I've stored them away ready for the next time I'm away from home, hmm, perhaps I should start taking a little makeup bag with me and keep them in there, ooh that's a thought, it could be made up of samples for 'on the go' makeup, oooooh you've spurred an idea now!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig