Saturday 3 August 2013

Marks & Spencers Beauty Hall

Marks & Spencers have recently launched a new beauty hall, who knew!  Other than selling their own brand of makeup, skincare and perfume, they also sell some other leading brands, like REN, Apivita, PurMinerals, Bliss, Philip Kingsley, Dr Murad, Glam Glow and Nuxe (amongst others).

I was invited to pop along to take a peek and I may have make a cheeky purchase or two while I was there!











Yeah, I went a little photo crazy when I was there!  The biggest shock for me was the price of their Autograph collection, that's their equivalent of high end, where their Limited collection is more high street prices, think Seventeen and No.7.  I fell in love with a couple of their single eye shadows and expected them to be about £15 each, as both the packaging and quality were easily comparable to high end brands, but they were only £6 each... £6!  Once I realised how cheap everything was, I made a couple of cheeky purchases, it would have been rude not to!

Here's what I picked up.

The left green coloured varnish is called Mint, the peachy one is called Pale Peach (both from the Limited collection and £4 each - check out my Instagram (twinklinpixi3) for a nail art polka dot picture with that as the base).  The green shadow is called Leaf (has a lovely gold shimmer running through it), the lip balm is in mango and smells amazing!  And the two Autograph shadows are Peach and Vamp for £6 each - reviews of the shadows will be coming soon, and the Peach single shadow there'll be a dupe post for too :)

M&S are creating these beauty halls in their stores all over the country, so it might be worth a trip to pop in and take a look.  If you're in Cardiff, this was all from the Queen St branch, it was upstairs on the 1st floor just in front of the escalator.







This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Wow amazing! Hope there's one of these coming near me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have one in Bristol - might be worth a trip there :)

      Delete
  2. I'd never actually thought to have looked in M&S! There's a 3 level one in my city I have never gone in, that's about to change! Looking forward to seeing the reviews :)

    multicolouredblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither - I'd seen that they did the odd palette, like the owl ones earlier in the year or last year, but not a full blown proper collection and area, it's really impressive :)

      Delete
  3. They have some really great brands there, i hope they have one near me!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're rolling them out everywhere, at least in bigger M&S shops. I was really surprised to see they have REN in there :)

      Delete
  4. There is a huge M&S beauty Hall in Bristol! I walked in and had to give my purse to a friend before I empty my bank account.

    Love your picture there beautiful.

    Hazel X
    www.whichhazel05.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I can see why :)

      Thanks - I had really good fun taking the photo's - the tops of the lipsticks is my favourite :)

      Delete
  5. I really like their new layout and they have some great brands in there as well as their own make :) I've wanted to see what people buy from here for ages heeheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really liked the layout and the brands they had :)

      Delete
  6. The beauty hall at the Culverhouse Cross store in Cardiff is great, I'm mega glad the Queen Street store now has a beauty hall too - it's a five minute walk from work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to that one - it's the other side of the city to me (I'm in North Cardiff) - yeah the Queen St one is a 5 min walk for me too (I work on Greyfriars Road where the New Theatre is) :)

      Delete
  7. I don't think I've actually heard of most of these brands in the US (that or they're not as available). It's always so interested to see what's available elsewhere-the Diego Dalla Palma stuff looks especially interesting!

    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Diego Dalla Palma looked lovely - but quality wise (on first impressions and swatches) looked very similar to the Autograph collection which is a fraction of the price :) Will have to pop back and try some Diego stuff :)

      Delete
  8. I have one of these near me - it's filled with temptation! In fact I have to pop to M&S tomorrow - who knows what I'll come back with! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you'll have to leave a comment here with what you buy :D

      Delete
  9. Oh dear I really shouldn't know about this. This is going to be dangerous for my bank account I can tell, those facemakes look lovely! Will have to make a cheeky stop there next time
    xxx
    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never go to M&S but I will be hitting dat shop up now!

    Salli
    xxx
    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's a really nice place the beauty hall - very well lit and pretty :)

      Delete
  11. Ooh they do Leighton Denny nail varnishes?! I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at Leighton's nail varnishes but to be honest if the brands they have are available in Boots then I'd prefer to go there for the advantage points :)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so nearly purchased some Leighton Denny :) But thought I'd be more sensible - I already have far too many nail polishes :)

      Delete
  12. Looks so good! I didn't realise it was in the Cardiff Branch, will have to pop in for a little nosy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very exciting! Even more exciting it's in the Cardiff branch! Murad? I'll pop down today :) x

    http://www.dawndancers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so nice! Next time I am in the UK I will hopefully get to stop by one :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig