Saturday 18 August 2012

Loreal Lumi Magique

Hey guys, hope you're all having a fab day!?  This is a review I've been meaning to post for a while now, I'll tell ye' the storey :)  So, cast your minds back to when I ended my project 10 pan, it ended the day I finished my Double Wear, I went to the shops at lunch time, bought some face cleansing wipes and the L'oreal Lumi Magique foundation (something new to try).  Went back to my desk, took the old stuff off, and put the new stuff on, BOOM!  I wore it a couple more times after that, before coming to this conclusion - see below under the pics!

I love this pic, the rose etc :D  Although that is pretty much where my love of this ends!





My Thoughts

So, 'Flawless skin as if lit from within' you are not!  I have made a little list actually, of things this foundation is not...
  • Does not set, at all, even with setting powder
  • Does not give me 'flawless skin as is lit from within'
  • Very light coverage, hence no flawless-ness
  • Not cheap (over £10)
Now, I don't like doing really negative posts, I feel like I'm being a big meany head, but I really didn't like it.  Maybe it's my skin type, I don't know, but I do know that it really irritated me that it didn't set. I could touch my skin at any point during the day and it would feel like I'd just that second put it on, it would then come off on my finger, leaving a patch of skin without foundation.  I used different types of setting powders to see if that made a difference, I tried Chanel, Bare Minerals and Elf - none made any difference.  So, impressed I am not.  There is one thing I really liked about it though, the rose gold lid :) It's a nice bottle and doesn't feel cheap, but if that's where all my £10.99 went, I'd rather have a cheap bottle and a decent foundation inside thank you.

Have you tried this at all?  What did you think?
Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Loved the review, I'm always looking for a foundation that does what it says on the bottle - must have spent £100's! Least I know now what not to waste more money on - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the review, I'm always looking for a foundation that does what it says on the bottle - must have spent £100's! Least I know now what not to waste more money on - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah, it's not for me, I certainly wouldn't re buy it - heck, I'm not using the one I bought :p

      Delete
  3. hello pretty lady :) i love your review , i really like this foundation alot , work well with my skin and give an awesome finish .. great review

    The Glam Goddess
    Britters89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) Well see that's why I always say that it might just be that it's not right for my skin :) My biggest issue was that it didn't set :)

      Delete
  4. LOL I bought this because of the rose gold packaging too!!! And yes I also thought the product was crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the review! definitely not purchasing this! haha! :)
    http://beautybynaynay.blogspot.com.au/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, well if your skin is anything like mine it won't work for you :p

      Delete
  6. I love this foundation, I use it during the day when I just want a light coverage, then at night time for going out I use the max factor colour adapt and mac studio fix powder to achieve a completely flawless look.

    I can understand why you don't like it though, it doesn't give a flawless coverage at all. Mine sets ok though and I did notice that it makes my skin 'glow' and look all fresh :)

    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there you go :) It might well be just my skin then or certain skin types :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this foundation yet, but i like L'oreal shadows, hehe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really glad I saw this as was considering trying this foundation. But I HATE waste with a passion so wouldn't have been impressed if I couldn't use it.

    Anyway, on to a more positive note ... I just found you through the BBU Blog Hop and am now following :D

    Louise xx

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise :) Yeah, it's fustrated me that it's wasted now... grrrr. I'm gonna head over to your blog to subscribe now :D

      Delete
  9. レイバン RB3025を、夜中にかけて歩いている人を発見!どんだけレイバンがすきやねんっと突っ込みたいところだが、自分も最近かなりグラサンにはまっちゃってる。自分が最近毎日持ち歩いてるのがレイバン ウェイファーラーのRB4105、コンパクトに折りたためる仕様で、使いやすくて最高!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig