Friday 29 November 2013

Out with the old

So today I decided to get rid of some of my makeup.  I was sitting there in the car on the way home, thinking about my makeup collection and how a lot of it is getting really old and needs a bit of a clear out.  When I got home I went through my collection bit by bit and picked out all the bits and pieces that I knew was over 1-2 years (depending on the product) - here's what I binned :)

Face products
First up, face products.  My Benefit Dandylion is... well more years old than I'd like to admit.  It has been about a year since I've used it though, hence it being binned.  There's my Kelly Brook bronzer, it's not that old, maybe a year, but I really don't like it, it's super dark and super sparkly - not really the kind of bronzer I like to wear.  Then the Benetint lip balm - I'm not actually sure how old this is, but it's at least 2, which means it's gone!  Then the L'Oreal glam bronze trio - it's very pretty, I like it, but next month it's 2 years old, so it's in the bin!

Lots of mascaras
Then we have the mascaras - I'm not going to review each one - but they're all over 6 months old, some nearly a year (gasp!).  The Rocket volum is the shining star here, talk about long wearing!  The Illamasqua one is really awesome too, it gives such great volume to the lashes.

Lots of eyeliners
Now the big one, all these eyeliners!!!!!  Most are 2 years old which means, they're coming no-where near my eyes!!!  Super sad to bin the Chanel one (far left) but... well... I bought that for my wedding, which was just over 5 years ago!!! Don't worry, I haven't used it in ages, but for some reason I just couldn't bin in (until now!).  The liquid eyeliners aren't just old, but they just don't work for me.

So there you have it, lots and lots to throw away :D  And lets face it, a lot of it should have been thrown away a long time ago!!!



This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Amy from Srslylou

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I had a little makeup clear out recently and some of the stuff was just sooo old... I wasn't even using it, so there was absolutely no point to hoard it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to bin loads of mine, I am so bad at doing it x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually reading this while I was taking a break from my own clear. I've been hoarding stuff for years, throwing at least a carrier bag out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm good when it comes to mascara. Il use one for 3 months maximum then it's in the bin!

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to do this. I am guilty of hanging on to far too many eyeliners. I think the years go by too fast & that coupled with the fact I own far too much makeup means I don't get to wear some products as often as I'd like
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I am sure some of my makeup is way past needing to go. Maybe I will try to force it later. Nice post!! I love Rocket Volume too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig