Friday 1 November 2013

La Roche Posay Micellar water

la roche posay micellar water

A couple months ago I treated myself to the La Roche Posay Effaclar duo moisturiser, it was instant love at first application.  It kept my skin nicely hydrated and helped get rid of the little bumps on my cheeks.

Following my intense love of Bioderma, I was quite excited when I was offered the chance to try the Effaclar micellar water -  this was my chance to see how it faired to the iconic counterpart.  But how did it do?

la roche posay micellar water close up of logo
effaclar micellar water vs bioderma

Their Effaclar line is aimed at people with oily and blemish prone skin, something I can tick both boxes to.  The range claims to help control the oils in your skin, but without stripping it.  With the moisturiser at least I can agree with that, it's done wonders for my skin.

My first experience at using the Effaclar micellar water was removing my makeup - a full day of wearing foundation & eye makeup.  It removed my foundation with ease, and eventually removed my eye makeup, just not as quickly as with Bioderma.  I followed up with my Clarins foaming cleanser and was left with a refreshed feeling face.  

Yes, the Effaclar micellar water will remove eye makeup, but I don't think that's where it's strength is. It's good with removing foundation, and even better used early in the morning to help control oil for the rest of the day.  Follow that up with Vichy life serum and Bourjois matte primer and you'll be set for a day of oil controlled skin.

It's not the perfect solution, especially if you have skin as oily as me, but it's pretty good, certainly a lot better with than without it.

You can pick this up for about £11 from Escentual.com, or in Boots.

Have you tried the La Roche Posay Effaclar micellar water?



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I've tried quite a few different micellar waters by now, and some are good, but Bioderma reigns surpreme for me :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Bioderma is amazing! For me it's what I go to for removing eye makeup, but the Effaclar micellar water is great for oil control :)

      Delete
  2. I've only ever used Bioderma so this is very interesting. Thanks for the comparison!

    Erica | Abundance of Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did until I tried this :) Now I use both :)

      Delete
  3. Wow this is very interesting, I didn't even know that they offered a micellar water! As someone with troublesome and oily skin, this definitely appeals. Great review :) Just stumbled on your blog and given you a follow, looking forward to reading more posts!

    Lauren xx | Lauren J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever tried the L'Oreal Micellar water. I want to try Bioderma to see if it's as good as everyone says :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite liked the LP micellar water - it did a good job of removing my makeup & was gentle on my skin but I have to say the Superdrug B. Micellar water is good too, if you are looking for something else to try x
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried this. Sounds really great though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig