Monday 11 November 2013

Foundation review: L'Oreal nude magique eau de teint

The loreal nude magique eau de teint
Close up of loreal nude magique

Loreal nude magique lid

The L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint has been heralded to being a super light and 'invisible' foundation.  L'Oreal themselves describe it as feather light and fresh as water with a second skin effect.

Loreal foundation half and half
On the left is the L'Oreal nude magique foundation, and on the right completely nude skin.

Coverage is ok, fairly light.  I completely agree with their claim about it being light, you'll barely feel it on your skin.  It has a really light watery consistency too, not thick like a lot of foundations.

It's better than the Lumi magique foundation I tried, didn't like that at all as it didn't set on my skin, whereas this certainly does.

What didn't work for me is how it accentuated my dry skin - in fact, I didn't know I actually had any until I put this foundation on :/  It picked it up around my nose, and around my lower cheeks/mouth area.  It did blend in really nicely, but even the shade porcelain I had was still too dark for me.
The finished face

The finished makeup.  I did add my Dior BB eye cream and set it with the Japonesque setting powder as well.

I really like the packaging with the purple lid, and the fact it's in a cute little frosted small bottle I love too.  It's a shame it doesn't have a pump lid though, but I'm not sure how well that'd work with such a watery foundation.

The foundation lasts pretty well throughout the day, but as it starts off quite light, it doesn't last as well as heavier foundations or even my Dior BB cream.  All in all I wasn't a big fan of this, it's certainly not the worst foundation I've tried, but I don't like how it drew attention to dry skin I didn't know I had, especially as my skin issue is oily skin, not dry skin.



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Amy from Srslylou

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh this doesn't sound too promising! The coverage looks too light for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's different, it could work for you, but yeah, it's pretty light coverage

      Delete
  2. It doesn't sounds so good :( I'm little surprised because I have heard so many good things...

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible, but just wasn't good for my skin :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the fab review, I have been tempted to get this but it doesn't sound like it'd fair that well on my skin type at all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. I have some dry skin and had a feeling it might emphasize those areas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig