Sunday 3 November 2013

Knitting update #1

Nearly a month ago I wrote a blog post all about how I'd taken up knitting.

I started off with some thin purple wool and just learned how to cast on and do the knit stitch.  After using up the wool and restarting it again and again I decided to try knitting a scarf (not the one pictured).

After knitting about 2ft of it I went out and bought a load of wool!  I had some big size 10 knitting needles so bought some chunky wool to go with them and started on the scarf in the picture.

It's an endless scarf that wraps around 3 times :)  I had no idea how to join the ends together, and sadly that shows as it doesn't look the neatest, but it works :)  It's a super warm scarf and hopefully who ends up having it as a Christmas present will like it, despite it not being perfect :)



In the mean time I'm still working on my first scarf, I'm hoping to have that finished in the next week, then I can start on my next project, learning the purl stitch!!! I need to learn that one for one of the balls of yarn I bought - it's supposedly one ball = one scarf, but before I start on that wool I want to practise the stitch on cheaper wool first.

Wish me luck!  If you have any tips for me learning the purl stitch please leave a comment below :D



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The scarf looks brilliant! When you purl try not to make your movements too big, especially if you're doing k1p1 because the stitch will end up quite messy. The best thing to do is just practice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the scarf looks brilliant, is a stunning colour and am jealous I can't do it ha x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous... so cute but I definitely don't have the patience to try my hand at it. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, and the color definitely suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks so lovely and cozy :) And the colour is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love knitting, and i knit two scarf-collar with braids. And now i want scarf like yours! It really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig