Sunday 10 November 2013

A week of events

So what a week it's been!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm very lucky to get invited to events, but this week saw 3 in one day, which was quite tiring :)  So here's what I got up to this week:

Lush (Weds evening)
Making face cleansers with Lush

Face masks at lush

The lovely people at Cardiff Lush treated us to a blogger evening where we made a lovely Catastrophe Cosmetic face cleanser which is jam packed with blueberries, lovely!  This is now sitting pretty in my fridge!  They also gave us a lovely goody bag with the new santa lip scrub in it, which by the way, smells amazing (cola bottles), and they gave us a sweet popcorn smelling face mask called Let the good times roll - supposed to be very good for hormonal breakouts.

Japonesque (Thursday lunchtime)
Japonesque face chart

Japonesque eye shadow trios

My Japonesque face

Japonesque goodies - eye shadow brush & face powder

This lovely brand has just opened up in Cardiff John Lewis, sitting right next to Estee Lauder.  A lot of people know them for their makeup brushes, but they've now ventured into makeup too (high end). For me, my favourite bit by far is the unique packaging, and when I say unique, I really mean that every single product is different from eachother.  When the palettes/blushers/powders etc are made, they have a gel that fills the lid, then people drop 3 different coloured inks into the lid (different colour schemes for each type of product), then it's set/baked to bring the colours out, which is why every lid is different.

Paul (celebrity makeup artist) was there to do our makeup, I opted for a lime green/brown combo for a pop of colour.  They're also linked to Kheils, so when I was there waiting for Paul to do my makeup, they gave me a mini facial.  The shadows seemed nice and pigmented, but sadly they don't have a primer, so the shadow's didn't pop on my lids (or last) quite as well as they could have done.  Each blogger that was invited for a makeover left with a couple of goodies (I had a translucent setting powder and an angled eyeshadow brush) and a face chart.

St Davids Christmas shopping event (Thurs evening)
UK bow ring


St Davids goodies

M&S goodies
This was just a little VIP event for the launch of the St Davids shopping evening.  A few other bloggers/press were invited to a little roped off area of the mall for flavoured vodka and little goody bags before the shopping commenced.  But, since I'm on a spending ban I didn't buy anything. Chantelle from Daizy Dayz and I sat around and waited for the next event, Vivienne Westwood.

Vivienne Westwood (Thurs evening)
The Winter line up

Vivienne Westwood belt

Vivienne Westwood shoes

Vivienne Westwood penis clutch

Next up we headed to the new-ish Vivienne Westwood shop in Cardiff, it's been open for a year now and is home to clothes, bags, jewellery and other accessories from the well known fashion house.

We were greeted and talked through some of the new pieces from the winter line, and offered champagne.  There were some really beautiful pieces in the shop, some lovely skull necklaces, beautiful bags, and I really fell in love with some of the scarves and shoes!  But, there was one line in particular that caught our attention, a range of.... penis jewellery... yes, you read that right, a pair of earrings with a penis and balls on, necklaces the same and a clutch bag (pictured) - VW likes to shock and be different, that we know, but I didn't expect that!

All in all and event filled week, the best part, as always, was catching up with other local bloggers, it's so lovely to sit and have a chat/coffee with them :)



This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Amy from Srslylou

 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow what a great load of events you have been too...I have to say I love VW some of her clothes are totally amazing, though not sure I like the penis bag ha x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tagged you in Confessions of a Beauty Blogger! Come check it out here http://itsmemelblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/confessions-of-beauty-blogger-followed.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looked so awesome. I am so annoyed at myself for not being there :(
    Charli... beauty,fashion,lifestyle,hamsters x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! The packaging of the Japonesque makeup looks so lovely! :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The events look & sound amazing! What fun going to so many lovely places in one week.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig