Wednesday 13 November 2013

Bourjois happy light base serum in matte

Bourjois happy light base serum in matte

Over the last year or so, I've tried a lot of primers, and each primer has thrown it's own set of issues at me.  Like, rolling off the side of my face as I try to apply foundation (these tend to be the ones that feel like a powder finish), or clogging my pores up which makes my foundation look horrendous.  So far, the only ones I've found that really work for me, are the ones that masquerade as a moisturiser (think Nivea Express hydration primer).

So it's understandable that I approached this one with some doubt.  I picked it up at the Cardiff blogger event Helen and I organised a few weeks ago - 5 of us all bought the same one (well, 4 did, the other went for the luminous version of it).

The first time I used it, I did not get on with it - it emphasised my dry skin and pores, but I couldn't tell if that was because I was trying a new serum underneath it, or a new foundation sample (I managed to talk Laura Mercier into giving me a little sample of it at the counter).  So, the next day I used my normal Dior BB cream and the Vichy life serum, low and behold I had a beautiful finish!

After a shaky start it's now woven it's way into my daily makeup routine, who've have thought?  What I like about it most is how when combined with the BB cream and life serum it really helps to control oil on my t-zone like a boss.  I'm not saying it's perfect, it doesn't work with every foundation I have, with some it does the 'whoa look at these pores/dry skin' thing, but on the foundation I wear the most it works beautifully.

You only need a small amount too and you're good for the day.  For me, this worked out to be a great buy, which is really saying something for a primer as I have such fussy demanding skin.  So thanks Bourjois for another fantastic product!  You can pick yours up at Boots for £10.99.




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Amy from Srslylou

 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This looks amazing and I need a new primer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting review! I have got the luminous primer & will check this out too!
    Katrina
    Mountainbeauty2013

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really found myself liking this too. It feels so light on the skin. M xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig