Saturday 2 November 2013

Spending ban - week 1 update

spending ban week 1 update

I'm amazed it's already been a week since my spending ban started.  For the most part it's been pretty easy, I mean hey, it's only been a week right?!  

So I did buy some makeup this week, but alas it wasn't for me, but for my beautiful blogging friend A Scottish Lass who turns 30 this month :)  I have bought 2 new jumpers and a new bag too - but in fairness clothes aren't part of my spending ban - I don't buy much in the way of clothes and I needed some new pieces for the winter.  More to the point, I have an event I'm going to next Thursday at Vivienne Westwood and I wanted to look nice :)  I'm going to be wearing black trousers, black skull shoes, a grey hard knit monochome jumper with a black bag and a statement necklace :)

I also bought some hair dye this week - previously the last few times I've dyed it I've gone to the hair dressers, but since things are a bit tight at the moment with trying to save for the DSLR I thought I'd buy the dye this time to save some money.

new look jumper haul
** I'm actually wearing the fox jumper while I'm writing this, it's so cute! (they were both £17.99) **

So far this week, I've only earned a few pounds towards my DSLR fund, but I will be putting £100 in my savings as it's the beginning of the month, we may end up needing to spend that on other things, but it's a step in the right direction all the same.

All in all a decent first week, I haven't been craving much makeup, other than the NARS Sheer glow foundation, I had a sample of it a couple weeks ago (the tiny one they give you over the counter), it's sods law that as soon as I go on a spending ban I find one piece of makeup I really really want!  Ah well, I'd better get used to it, going to be a long wait!

Rambles of a beauty addict is also taking part :)

This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Ooh that fox upper is just so cute! Jealous you're going to a Vivienne event, wow, can't wait to hear all about it xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's super cute! Yeah, very excited by the VW event :D

      Delete
  2. I love fox prints this season :) Good job at saving all of that money! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to you on your spending ban, I know how hard they are. And good luck to you for the rest of it! xx

    Leanne | makeupblast.blogspot.ie | bloglovin.com/blog/3923219

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig